Javi Garcia

Have some Bluemooners forgotten how a certain David Silva struggled to adapt to the Premier League?

Admittedly, it has taken Garcia longer to settle in than it did Merlin, but Silva didn't have the injury problems that Garcia has had.

If Javi can turn in a performance like Sunday's against Arsenal - who, let's face it, although they are not the Arsenal of old, are still one of the better sides in English football - then maybe he is going to become a force to be reckoned with.

Vienna_70 said:
Have some Bluemooners forgotten how a certain David Silva struggled to adapt to the Premier League?

Admittedly, it has taken Garcia longer to settle in than it did Merlin, but Silva didn't have the injury problems that Garcia has had.

If Javi can turn in a performance like Sunday's against Arsenal - who, let's face it, although they are not the Arsenal of old, are still one of the better sides in English football - then maybe he is going to become a force to be reckoned with.

cleavers said:
Rascal said:
Speed of thought in football is far more important that being able to run fast.
Indeed it is, see Gareth Barry.

Agree 100% Barry has been a consistent performer for us, you never see people saying "oh lets buy so and so to replace Barry". Plus I would love to see Usain Bolt try and outrun 20 yard pinpoint passes all day!!

Garcia may have had his best match of the season on Sunday. I think he is finally getting his legs underhim for the pace of the League. He is getting better and what is really nice is that he isn't whining about anything. He is a good professional.

He isn't, a Portuguese guy described him as "a third centre back, typical number six" I think some fans here expected a different type of player.

Kun Aguero said:
His games similar to Xabi Alonso? apart from being slow and Spanish what makes them similar?

BlueTony84 said:
cleavers said:
Rascal said:
Speed of thought in football is far more important that being able to run fast.
Indeed it is, see Gareth Barry.

Agree 100% Barry has been a consistent performer for us, you never see people saying "oh lets buy so and so to replace Barry". Plus I would love to see Usain Bolt try and outrun 20 yard pinpoint passes all day!!

Where were you when there were about 200 threads saying Barry is slow and crap?

Corky said:
He isn't, a Portuguese guy described him as "a third centre back, typical number six" I think some fans here expected a different type of player.

Kun Aguero said:
His games similar to Xabi Alonso? apart from being slow and Spanish what makes them similar?

So he's a Busquets and not an Alonso? I see him as a worse version of Barry.

Kun Aguero said:
Corky said:

Kun Aguero said:

Do you mean 'worse', as in Barry is crap, and Garcia is crapper?

Or do you mean Barry is great, but Garcia is not quite as good.

If it's the former, you are another one who doesn't know what they're talking about, as GB18 is one of our most consistently good performers.

Vienna_70 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Corky said:

Do you mean 'worse', as in Barry is crap, and Garcia is crapper?

Or do you mean Barry is great, but Garcia is not quite as good.

If it's the former, you are another one who doesn't know what they're talking about, as GB18 is one of our most consistently good performers.

I'm saying Barry is one of our most important players and Garcia's bang average.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.