Javi Garcia

dannybcity said:
de niro said:
bluemc1 said:
at home v fulham i didnt think we needed 2 defensive midfielders just like i didnt think we needed 2 v reading so id of gone for nasri over garcia

bang on the money, crazy starting 11.

We won at a canter, that to me suggests he got it spot on.

Yes we did but we didn't score enough goals, with a more forward thinking line up we may have done. Could cost us one day.

He's got a pass percentage of 90% across the season (96% today, missing 2 of 47, best of any of our players) and took more touches today than Milner or Tevez.

This is why I'm really keen to defend Garcia. He did what he was meant to do very well. But what do facts matter, he's slow...[/quote]

This is a class post, factual and untainted by the stench of "latest boo boy status".

Garcia is becoming an effective player, he is not flashy and keeps it simple but he is but one cog in a wheel. He is one who allows the more gifted players to do their thing.

Most new buys need time.

NQCitizen said:
MadchesterCity said:
I'm not 100% sure of him to judge but from his performances so far I can analyze the following:

Strengths

Does the simple things
(ball utilization and possession is probably between 70 - 80%
Good in the air
Attacks ball well in both boxes
Will help us keep clean sheets against opposition set pieces
Can grab a few goals a season attacking set pieces.
Works well pressing in numbers
(Pressing triangles with Milner and Barr was great)
Does not over commit or slide into tackles or place himself in potential red card situations.
Will not break forward and leave us sort at the back.
(more important than you think)
Can play a simple pass and doesn't try to over complicate things above his ability.
Helps the team stay strong defensively
(I think we were lucky today though as if the crosses in 1st half were attacked more efficiently by Fulham the outlook on this may have been negated)
He is a likable character (I assume a good professional)
Will not be disruptive if not selected in first team.
Will improve by playing with top quality players
He is not on huge wages
He is only 25 Years old
Can provide cover at CD if we have major defensive problems
(short and long term)

Weaknesses

Limited pace
Limited maneuverability
Limited Technically
Not yet certain what team mates will do yet
(will take time do to fit team)
Puts a few passes astray but all players do
(area of pitch where this happens is a key indicator)
Is not a box to box player
When people say a player purchased for 16M they wish we could have had a player with more options (Felliani, De Rossi, Waganyama) - i.e can play box to box also

Not Clear

Ability to strike a ball
Composure under pressure
How long fans will give him and if he will become boo boy

It has to be said that one of our most important and under appreciated players is Barry and some comparisons could be made. I think we have to be more respectful, look how well Savic is doing at Fiorentina. Patience is the key

Fantastic post. All I would add is he seems very tactically astute in his positioning and seems to direct the players around him quite well

thank you sir, its a good point, I hope he comes good but fear he is not the best value for money at this time

Now I'm not a Garcia fan but to criticise him for yesterday's game is very harsh. I thought he passed the ball well and kept possession.

If he cuts out the needless bookings and works on his positioning so he's not ambling round after players he will come good.

Decent game.

Ric said:
bluemc1 said:
Ric said:
In what way?

well you are stating one split second flash of temper from Nasri as the reason he shouldnt start over Garcia who played well (for me did ok) v 10 man Arsenal, does that flash of anger rule out match winning performances v Spurs Chelsea ....... and mean we shouldnt play him at home when we always have more possession and it would benifit us to have the more creative players on the pitch

Not at all, but I don't think Nasri should walk back into the side when Garcia hasn't done anything wrong. He should pay the price for his indiscipline. If we were up against tougher opposition today then I could understand putting him straight back in, but it was Fulham at home so I can see where Mancini was coming from. It certainly wasn't a "crazy" decision. Garcia has done OK lately, and needs games to adapt. Nasri irresponsibly got sent off and has hardly been setting the world alight. Mancini got to make a point and it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

fair enough

He isn't about the hollywood pass, the surging run, he is a player designed to fit a system and do a job and he does it for me.

He also brings a real goal threat on set pieces.

Whats not to like?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.