Javi Garcia

Ric said:
de niro said:
bluemc1 said:
at home v fulham i didnt think we needed 2 defensive midfielders just like i didnt think we needed 2 v reading so id of gone for nasri over garcia

bang on the money, crazy starting 11.

Garcia played well at Arsenal, and Nasri nearly cost us three points with his indiscipline at Norwich, so it wasn't a crazy starting XI for me. We won comfortably today.

^ sorry mate but that is lame

bluemc1 said:
Ric said:
de niro said:
bang on the money, crazy starting 11.

Garcia played well at Arsenal, and Nasri nearly cost us three points with his indiscipline at Norwich, so it wasn't a crazy starting XI for me. We won comfortably today.

In what way?

Ric said:
FantasyIreland said:
Ric said:
So no player deserves credit for their performance against Arsenal because of their red card?!

I suspect you've made up your mind about Garcia, and won't change it regardless.

Do you not think it would have been a slightly different proposal with Oxy Chamberlain running at us and him? Sidwell made him look second best today,make of that what you will.

I have made my mind up,he's not good enough.If he played in Red we'd be rolling on the floor!

That's hypothetical about Oxlade-Chamberlain, and doesn't really vindicate you. The fact you admit you've made your mind up is fairly narrow minded; players can adapt and improve, you know.

what was it 3 appearances in 5 years at madrid or barca.

not much improvement since then.

There will always be a boo boy. Edghill, Bradbury, Brannan, Dabo and many many more and now we have Garcia and Mario. Why they get this sort of treatment, I don't know but what I do know is that nobody is perfect and players have poor games and players take time to settle in to new systems, cultures and lifestyles (which can have an adverse effect on form), as can constant barracking from the stands. Christ almighty why can't players that play for MANCHESTER CITY be supported by the fans of MANCHESTER CITY, we are all in this together and these players wear our shirts, so they deserve our support regardless.

Ric said:
bluemc1 said:
Ric said:

In what way?

well you are stating one split second flash of temper from Nasri as the reason he shouldnt start over Garcia who played well (for me did ok) v 10 man Arsenal, does that flash of anger rule out match winning performances v Spurs Chelsea ....... and mean we shouldnt play him at home when we always have more possession and it would benifit us to have the more creative players on the pitch

bluemc1 said:
Ric said:
bluemc1 said:

In what way?

well you are stating one split second flash of temper from Nasri as the reason he shouldnt start over Garcia who played well (for me did ok) v 10 man Arsenal, does that flash of anger rule out match winning performances v Spurs Chelsea ....... and mean we shouldnt play him at home when we always have more possession and it would benifit us to have the more creative players on the pitch

Not at all, but I don't think Nasri should walk back into the side when Garcia hasn't done anything wrong. He should pay the price for his indiscipline. If we were up against tougher opposition today then I could understand putting him straight back in, but it was Fulham at home so I can see where Mancini was coming from. It certainly wasn't a "crazy" decision. Garcia has done OK lately, and needs games to adapt. Nasri irresponsibly got sent off and has hardly been setting the world alight. Mancini got to make a point and it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

Difference between Garcia and De Jong is Garcia doesn't make as many spectacular sliding tackles. Not really a bad thing.

Thing he does do is helps us to compete better against some teams. Newcastle, Stoke etc where everything is in the air. He also offers 100 times the goal scoring threat De Jong ever did.

Thought he was ok today nothing more nothing less. Did nothing wrong and certainly nothing worse than what De Jong would have done.

Think some of our fans are blinded by De Jongs slide tackling. Automatically assume that's what all good holding midfielders do. I mean look at Barry. Never ever makes a sliding tackle

Javi will be big for us. Just needs to settle a bit more, realise we need him for the basics and for threat at set pieces.

wolfie1988 said:
Difference between Garcia and De Jong is Garcia doesn't make as many spectacular sliding tackles. Not really a bad thing.

Thing he does do is helps us to compete better against some teams. Newcastle, Stoke etc where everything is in the air. He also offers 100 times the goal scoring threat De Jong ever did.

Thought he was ok today nothing more nothing less. Did nothing wrong and certainly nothing worse than what De Jong would have done.

Think some of our fans are blinded by De Jongs slide tackling. Automatically assume that's what all good holding midfielders do. I mean look at Barry. Never ever makes a sliding tackle

Javi will be big for us. Just needs to settle a bit more, realise we need him for the basics and for threat at set pieces.

does make a bit of sense what your saying.

hope your right.

We play a system.

Mancini picks players to play that system.

Whether its Real Madrid or Fulham, we play the system.

We adjust ONLY when we aren't winning and need a result.

So we will ALWAYS play 4-2-3-1 (or 4-5-1) from the start of matches.

Stop being so arrogant and retarded to think that because it's Fulham, we're good enough to just suddenly play a different way so we score a million goals. The team are drilled in the system, week in week out. It would be ludicrous of Mancini to then NOT use that system.

It's not Fifa for fuck's sake.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.