Javi Garcia

taconinja said:
grim up north said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Did you miss his piss poor clearance that cost us a goal?

He was shit because he is shit!

The ball was plated at him from two yards and hit him in the thigh
Clichy also had a poor clearance and we don't have people going after him hammer and tongs. People pick favorites and won't change their minds unless something drastic happens.

Bluemoon summed up in one post.

the 'untouchable players' like Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany and Joe have all been below par this season and IMO because they are our key players should take more criticism than they currently do.

Aguero could easily be a 40 goal a season striker but misses so many easy chances.

Yaya has been a shadow of himself this season, when he wants to be he can dominate any midfield on his own.

Silva can play a lot better than he has done recently and the amount of sitters he misses in unacceptable for a player of his quality. Chances against QPR and Fulham spring to mind.

Hart is the most overrated goalkeeper in the world. He is a top keeper no doubt but is nowhere near world class and the fact a lot of people claim he is is wrong.

Marvin said:
I thought Garcia was superb today.

He is a sitting midfielder. He won most challenges. Could easily have scored from set-pieces and used the ball well

You lot wouldn't know a football if you tripped over it

The problem in midfield was the balance and numbers

They were playing Suarez in midfield and Sturridge on his own up front so we were out-numbered and both Barry and Garcia are sitting midfielders. Nasri perhaps should have started and obviously Yaya was not available

I love your posts Marv, that first line is a cracker.

BlueAnorak said:
Marvin said:
I thought Garcia was superb today.

He is a sitting midfielder. He won most challenges. Could easily have scored from set-pieces and used the ball well

You lot wouldn't know a football if you tripped over it

The problem in midfield was the balance and numbers

They were playing Suarez in midfield and Sturridge on his own up front so we were out-numbered and both Barry and Garcia are sitting midfielders. Nasri perhaps should have started and obviously Yaya was not available

Agree to some extent. Though everybody had a below par game. If one has to be critical of a holding player then it would have to be Barry not Garcia. A bad day by everyone at the back far too many give away's.
Lescott's distribution is poor and always has been. That's why he lost his place.

Collectively we struggled with Liverpool's midfield dominance. They are good at keeping the ball and making the opposition chase the ball.

It was one of those days when we needed a bit of luck and it went against us with Sturridge's goal. That was the key moment in the game. A turning point because up till then I thought we were very good. Dzeko seemed to get up pretty quickly afterwards. Why didn't he get up and help the team instead of trying to pressurise the officials?

He doesnt have the pace or all round positioning for midfield. In defence is another thing altogether. Positioning is easy to manage with less space behind you and cover to the sides.

Salar said:
Thenumber1blue said:
taconinja said:
Clichy also had a poor clearance and we don't have people going after him hammer and tongs. People pick favorites and won't change their minds unless something drastic happens.
That's right and Joe Hart was awful again ,never gets mentioned besides when Mancio does it and normally gets slaughtered for it.Wouldn't swap him but he's very very overrated and really needs a challenger.
You joking mate.No keeper could have stopped the two liverpool strikes.
No i'm not joking at all ,he's been poor most of the season but Garcia and Dzeko take the flak every match and i'm not even on about the two we conceded .

shevtheblue said:
He doesnt have the pace or all round positioning for midfield. In defence is another thing altogether. Positioning is easy to manage with less space behind you and cover to the sides.
yet Carrick and barry have played for years in the same position

The truth is you can't afford two midfielders with a lack of pace against a 5 man midfield

Not sure I'd have done much different though as Garcia and Barry have been very good in recent weeks and Yaya Toure was unavailable as was Rodwell. nasri was the one option. In hindsight he should have started.

Blue Haze said:
I miss Nige :(

For all his limitations, Nige was part of our backbone. He would be vocal and make crucial game savers.

Gotta be said, a huge loss when you compare Rodwell and Garcia with him.
Dafuq did Rodwell do wrong today?<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 am --<br /><br />
Thenumber1blue said:
Salar said:
Thenumber1blue said:
That's right and Joe Hart was awful again ,never gets mentioned besides when Mancio does it and normally gets slaughtered for it.Wouldn't swap him but he's very very overrated and really needs a challenger.
You joking mate.No keeper could have stopped the two liverpool strikes.
No i'm not joking at all ,he's been poor most of the season but Garcia and Dzeko take the flak every match and i'm not even on about the two we conceded .
So you believe that Hart was at fault for both the goals?

shevtheblue said:

Are you totally clueless or merely clueless?
The one bloody thing Garcia does have is positioning. In fact when God dished out positioning in the great life lottery - Garcia was probably first in the queue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.