Javi Garcia

Listen I was positive about him a few weeks ago but you can't deny that most of the time the game passes by him

Benarbia said:
So pedestrian it's untrue
No more pedestrian than barry and he's been up there with Gerrard and Lampard

The problem is not garcia, or Barry but Garcia and Barry together. Against a 5 man midfield who pass the ball as well as Liverpool it's difficult and you really need someone in midfield to be able ti run with the ball, and to join the forwards. barry and garcia don't do that

Marvin said:
Benarbia said:
So pedestrian it's untrue
No more pedestrian than barry and he's been up there with Gerrard and Lampard

The problem is not garcia, or Barry but Garcia and Barry together. Against a 5 man midfield who pass the ball as well as Liverpool it's difficult and you really need someone in midfield to be able ti run with the ball, and to join the forwards. barry and garcia don't do that

Possibly you're right but at the moment Barry seems to offer a lot more

Not today. We deserved what we got.

With the pressure of chasing a 10 point gap we couldn't handle the setback of that equaliser. needed yaya and Kompany but they will be back.

No room now for any more slip ups

Nope just a team expected to give their all 90% of the time or at least very home game when chasing the title

I thought Garcia had a good game today.

Because of the debate on here, I kept an eye on him today, more so than usual.

He is criticised for not being able to pass, but there was one exquisite pass to Silva right at the beginning of the second half. There were a lot of other good things from Javi today, but as he's obviously the latest boo-boy, his critics will never admit this.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
I know stats don't tell you everything, but just out of interest the supposedly "crap" Garcia managed a creditable 92% pass completion rate. Man of the Match James Milner by comparison could only manage 58%...........

Sorry but 'pass completion' says nothing about a players influence on a game. We all know that most of his passes were sideways or backwards. His slowness is a real problem in a midfield containing Barry. Out of the two, Id have Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.