Javi Garcia

Garcia man of the match anyone saying that are deluded he was awfull and its plain to see what i dont get is at qpr where he played centre back he looked miles better .He isnt good enough for midfield should have left him centre back with lescott and played nasri central.

spam1967 said:
grim up north said:
spam1967 said:
frightened to death of doing anything creative.

Very De Jong esq in that department. As far as I can see he gets the ball and gives it to Silva and Milner, the supposedly creative dept of the team

you wouldn't exactaly call him an anchor man like de jong.

i wouldn't trust him going to the shop for a mar's bar.

What slide tackle central

Vienna_70 said:
spam1967 said:

It's not his job to be creative, just as it isn't Barry's job, and nor was it NdJ's before him either.

His job, as far as I'm aware, is to win the ball from the opposition, and pass it to our creative players to try to score.

Garcia did what he's in the team to do very well today, IMHO.

As others have put earlier in this thread, pace isn't everything and the ball will always travel faster than any player.

This was part of the problem today though. We had two central midfielders whose job was to break up the play of the scousers' but without providing any attacking impetous for our front line. At least YaYa can carry the ball forward and push back the opposing team - Barry and Garcia, when in the same team, provide us with zero penetration from the middle of the pitch. That's not their fault as it's not their game - but it does nevertheless drastically reduce our attacking threat.

Vienna_70 said:
spam1967 said:

It's not his job to be creative, just as it isn't Barry's job, and nor was it NdJ's before him either.

His job, as far as I'm aware, is to win the ball from the opposition, and pass it to our creative players to try to score.

As others have put earlier in this thread, pace isn't everything and the ball will always travel faster than any player.

what i'm trying to say is you it won't work with garcia poncing about at the back and barry doing a little bit more, oh i thought barry had a good game by the way. any way, we struggled today because of that reason.

silva had no-one to work with today, he's so far in front of his team mates it's untrue.

you can't play two anchor men at the back. it lack's creativity. that's all i'm trying to say.

can you imagine rodwell and garcia starting together. omg.

spam1967 said:
Vienna_70 said:
spam1967 said:

what i'm trying to say is you it won't work with garcia poncing about at the back and barry doing a little bit more, oh i thought barry had a good game by the way. any way, we struggled today because of that reason.

silva had no-one to work with today, he's so far in front of his team mates it's untrue.

you can't play two anchor men at the back. it lack's creativity. that's all i'm trying to say.

Agree about Garcia and barry. Good passers, and strong defensive players, but offer little support to the forwards - that's Silva and Yaya Toure's game

Disagree about Rodwell. he's got a lot to his game. He can get play an attacking and a defensive role

Busquets isn't quick, and he was one of the reasons why we signed Yaya Toure. I still think he can adapt to the English game but alongside a couple of quick midfielders.

The Man With The Stick said:
Hmm, had him down for MOTM today? Did make a couple of mistakes but so did everyone. He made quite a few blocks to be fair, tacklin was good too. He was much better in the second half and took more control of the game.

Yep, does what he's meant to do very well. Starting to think some fans will just never appreciate him.

Marvin said:
spam1967 said:
Vienna_70 said:

Agree about Garcia and barry. Good passers, and strong defensive players, but offer little support to the forwards - that's Silva and Yaya Toure's game

Disagree about Rodwell. he's got a lot to his game. He can get play an attacking and a defensive role

i've not seen rodwell doing any kind of attacking role. maybe he is a better footballer than i think i don't know?

all i know is we bought him from everton (without a bad word from moye's during the transfer deal!) after a really bad hamstring injury last november, he made five brief appearances for everton after the injury.

14 mill. someone should of done a bit of homework.

spam1967 said:
Marvin said:
spam1967 said:

i've not seen rodwell doing any kind of attacking role. maybe he is a better footballer than i think i don't know?

all i know is we bought him from everton (without a bad word from moye's during the transfer deal!) after a really bad hamstring injury last november, he made five brief appearances for everton after the injury.

Giggs to you. Should Utd have given up on him? Still playing now, and he was just the same.

Rodwell is back now and has been for a fortnight. I think he'll get more playing time soon

Marvin said:
spam1967 said:
Marvin said:

Giggs to you. Should Utd have given up on him? Still playing now, and he was just the same.

Rodwell is back now and has been for a fortnight. I think he'll get more playing time soon

let's keep giggs and united out of it, please.

it's not your fault or my fault we copped for rodwell. we just got had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.