Javi Garcia

I never realised how Slow he was when he runs :( he literally looks like he is running in sinking sand.. half decent player but not a top class one .

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/01/javi-garcia-manchester-city-screen-idol" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... creen-idol</a>

He is unlikely ever to inflame the domestic imagination in the style of Yaya Touré, whose absence has coincided with García's run. Last season Touré seemed to offer not just standard‑issue defensive wrestling, but also the nostril-flaring forward skedaddles of his "runaway caravan" mode, the ball not so much tied to his foot as concealed within the skirts of his pounding limbs, advancing on Premier League defences like an admiralty fireship scattering the fleet at Calais. García's interpretation of the role is more controlled, the latest stage in a wider response to the eradication of tackling and the challenge of how to defend in a manner that is still just about on the right side of the laws. The screener isn't a tackler, who plays the ball, or a presser, who plays the man. He is a player who plays the space, an expert, basically, at getting in the way. García doesn't "rise to the physical challenge". He expertly sidesteps it, seeking not the assertive collisions of the muscle midfielder, but instead lurking, stealing, nicking, a cold war midfielder gaining control by stealth and covert manoeuvres

I thought he did that quite well yesterday.

Played well yesterday, made about 4-5 standard hard tackles he should be doing anyway.

What worries me though is how slow he is to the play, yesterday he was well behind the game. Liverpool had all day to pick passes, never closed down quick enough.

His tackling has improved, passing still suspect at times. But his pace and lack of reading the game in high tempo matches really does worry me.

He played well?

He was at fault for a goal and offered no passing outlet or breakaway movement. Luckily Yaya is back so the damage limitation is here. Sub for say Nasri to help close games, wouldn't start him unless necessary. Barry holding, Yaya infront, Silva left and Milner right. Aguero and Dzeko upfront.

SuperYaya said:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/feb/01/javi-garcia-manchester-city-screen-idol

He is unlikely ever to inflame the domestic imagination in the style of Yaya Touré, whose absence has coincided with García's run. Last season Touré seemed to offer not just standard‑issue defensive wrestling, but also the nostril-flaring forward skedaddles of his "runaway caravan" mode, the ball not so much tied to his foot as concealed within the skirts of his pounding limbs, advancing on Premier League defences like an admiralty fireship scattering the fleet at Calais. García's interpretation of the role is more controlled, the latest stage in a wider response to the eradication of tackling and the challenge of how to defend in a manner that is still just about on the right side of the laws. The screener isn't a tackler, who plays the ball, or a presser, who plays the man. He is a player who plays the space, an expert, basically, at getting in the way. García doesn't "rise to the physical challenge". He expertly sidesteps it, seeking not the assertive collisions of the muscle midfielder, but instead lurking, stealing, nicking, a cold war midfielder gaining control by stealth and covert manoeuvres

I thought he did that quite well yesterday.
I think he managed the stealth bit quite well, for the most part nobody knew he was there

I find myself in agreement somewhat with Michael Cox.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/02/04/man-city-2-2-liverpool-tactics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/02/04/ ... l-tactics/</a>

City were consistently too open in that zone between the lines – it is rare to see a top Premier League side demonstrating such a lack of compactness…that problem originated from the lack of pressing high up the pitch – aside from a quick burst at the start of the match, Sergio Agüero and Edin Dzeko contributed little in the defensive phase of play. Their languid movement was in stark contrast to Sturridge and (in particular) Suárez, who remains one of the most energetic forwards in the Premier League when the opposition have the ball.

Whereas Suárez was getting tight to García, Agüero – in roughly the same role for City – made no attempt to shut down Lucas Leiva, which forced García and Barry up the pitch to battle in midfield, affording Suárez too much space. Mancini will be delighted to learn of Yaya Touré’s imminent return from the Africa Cup of Nations – García is still yet to convince in the centre of midfield, and the relationship between Touré and Barry feels much more natural.

You can't call Garcia on this forum without being a rag or knowing nothing about the game apparantley even though he cost us for the first goal yesterday. Awful footballer.

Bombo said:
You can't call Garcia on this forum without being a rag or knowing nothing about the game apparantley even though he cost us for the first goal yesterday. Awful footballer.
He was at fault for Dzeko's goal?

Bombo said:

He got the ball caught under his feet, granted, but you're not laying all the blame on his shoulders are you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.