Javi Garcia

GX Blue said:
Bombo said:
You can't call Garcia on this forum without being a rag or knowing nothing about the game apparantley even though he cost us for the first goal yesterday. Awful footballer.

Agreed

How can someone that came through Madrid's academy, was then bought back by Madrid after moving to Osasuna, then went on to play for Benfica as well as being capped at international level by the current European and World champions be described as an "awful footballer"?

Fair enough if you don't rate him highly or don't think he's up to scratch for what we require but to describe him as awful is just fucking nonsense.

Rolee said:
GX Blue said:
Bombo said:
You can't call Garcia on this forum without being a rag or knowing nothing about the game apparantley even though he cost us for the first goal yesterday. Awful footballer.

Agreed

How can someone that came through Madrid's academy, was then bought back by Madrid after moving to Osasuna, then went on to play for Benfica as well as being capped at international level by the current European and World champions be described as an "awful footballer"?

Fair enough if you don't rate him highly or don't think he's up to scratch for what we require but to describe him as awful is just fucking nonsense.

I get what you're saying but this is also relatively dishonest. You could also say he's been deemed "not good enough" by Real Madrid twice in allowing him to leave. There was relatively universal surprise when we were linked to the player, but the general notion was maybe that the scouting saw something where we'd be getting the "next great thing" a bit early. Thus far, that has not appeared to be the case, it seems like a massive overpay for what is an average at best footballer.

Nonetheless, the appeal to a team like us or Madrid is obvious, it's his size and athletic build. He looks the part, causing teams to see if they can mold him into the player they need to be. Hardly the first athlete to suffer from this issue.

teddykgb said:
Rolee said:
GX Blue said:

I get what you're saying but this is also relatively dishonest. You could also say he's been deemed "not good enough" by Real Madrid twice in allowing him to leave. There was relatively universal surprise when we were linked to the player, but the general notion was maybe that the scouting saw something where we'd be getting the "next great thing" a bit early. Thus far, that has not appeared to be the case, it seems like a massive overpay for what is an average at best footballer.

Nonetheless, the appeal to a team like us or Madrid is obvious, it's his size and athletic build. He looks the part, causing teams to see if they can mold him into the player they need to be. Hardly the first athlete to suffer from this issue.

There's nothing dishonest about what I said. Just because you see it from a different perspective doesn't make what I said untrue. My point is he is not an awful footballer, we are City fans, we know what awful footballers are because we've suffered enough of them through the years, Garcia is not one.

You're making an appeal to authority in saying that if he's been good enough for these other big name teams, he's obviously a good enough footballer. Those same teams have also allowed him to leave, so if your logic were correct it'd have a large hole in it. It's just a bit dishonest to claim that the teams a player has played for prove he's of a certain quality. Is Bebe not a shit footballer because he signed for United? (trick question, he IS a shit footballer because he signed for united but you get my point) As far as the caps issue, lots of mediocre to worse players are capped for their country in order to see how they might fit in a role or position. The player we're seeing isn't going to challenge Biscuits or Martinez for meaningful time any time soon.

But we're arguing over semantics, largely. It's obvious hyperbole to say he's a shit footballer. He's just not seeming like a very good one, either.

Rolee said:
GX Blue said:
Bombo said:

Agreed

He a decent footballer, but at the moment devoid of all confidence and slower than my fat arse. Joking aside, I will never boo him, or any city player, but he has "Marwood Hissy Fit", written all over him, but he's here now so thank the lord for Yaya coming back.

teddykgb said:
You're making an appeal to authority in saying that if he's been good enough for these other big name teams, he's obviously a good enough footballer. Those same teams have also allowed him to leave, so if your logic were correct it'd have a large hole in it. It's just a bit dishonest to claim that the teams a player has played for prove he's of a certain quality. Is Bebe not a shit footballer because he signed for United? (trick question, he IS a shit footballer because he signed for united but you get my point) As far as the caps issue, lots of mediocre to worse players are capped for their country in order to see how they might fit in a role or position. The player we're seeing isn't going to challenge Biscuits or Martinez for meaningful time any time soon.

But we're arguing over semantics, largely. It's obvious hyperbole to say he's a shit footballer. He's just not seeming like a very good one, either.

I get what you're saying but I don't understand why you felt the need when the point I was trying to make is that he is not a shit footballer. I'm not claiming that because he played for these clubs that he's brilliant or anything like it. My original point was that he wouldn't have got the chance to play at these clubs if he was an "awful footballer" like has been suggested.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.