Javi Garcia

levets said:
leighton said:
Garcia is finding it hard to adjust to the English game simple. He is struggling with the tempo of the games and isnt up to speed so far. No doubt next season he will up his level and be more used to the English style of football. Not saying he is a rubbish footballer but he just needs to show more in games. He should be dominating in midfield but I look to the midfield and I am guessing that a fully fit Rodwell may well give Garcia a run for his money as being the main back up in midfield. Saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Garcia given a run beside Vinny in defence hasnt looked out of place as a center back to me. This was supposed to be the De Jong replacement but any day of the week I would take De Jong back for him.

Just think there is going to be a major signing in the center of midfield come the summer. Both creative and defensive its what we need it badly we need a player to set the tempo of our game and move the ball along at a quicker pace at times.

Huge upgrade on NDJ... Can play midfield, Central defender, scores goals. Move on lads!

^^^This 100%^^^

levets said:
leighton said:
Garcia is finding it hard to adjust to the English game simple. He is struggling with the tempo of the games and isnt up to speed so far. No doubt next season he will up his level and be more used to the English style of football. Not saying he is a rubbish footballer but he just needs to show more in games. He should be dominating in midfield but I look to the midfield and I am guessing that a fully fit Rodwell may well give Garcia a run for his money as being the main back up in midfield. Saying that I wouldnt mind seeing Garcia given a run beside Vinny in defence hasnt looked out of place as a center back to me. This was supposed to be the De Jong replacement but any day of the week I would take De Jong back for him.

Just think there is going to be a major signing in the center of midfield come the summer. Both creative and defensive its what we need it badly we need a player to set the tempo of our game and move the ball along at a quicker pace at times.

Huge upgrade on NDJ... Can play midfield, Central defender, scores goals. Move on lads!
Agreed. Shaky start to his career at City.....just like Silva. Doing well now

levets said:
leighton said:

6 clean sheets up to yesterday and the defensive mid is taking stick. Silva's lack of protection on the wing is what cost us, as barry gets dragged out of the middle and one of the full backs is usually in the oppositions final third.

BlueAnorak said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
BlueAnorak said:
After watching the game twice, Garcia had quite a good game (2nd only to Milner in all round terms) our problems were our AMs and Attackers not tracking back - Aguero, Dzeko and Silva especially. Only Milner closed the opposition down quickly enough.

And the defence and hart being shaky

Agreed to some degree. Heart should have done better with Sturidges's shot. Gerrards though was pretty much unstoppable. Also the shaky defence didn't actually cost us a goal (unless you count the naf clearance by Clichy).

I don't blame Hart for either goal but his all round play was poor.kicking the ball straight into touch from a dead ball twice. Not coming for the high ball that Sturridge brought down and almost scored with, not coming for a ball that was his to take which almost led to a Zabaleta own goal. Well below the standards he usually sets.

Clichy was below his best and struggled against both Sturridge and Downing.

Lescott made an error that Suarez could have scored from and Nastasic didn't look comfortable yesterday when not alongside Kompany.

Zabaleta was ok but even he made a couple of errors.

Having said that Liverpool were excellent. Their forward movement running the channels caused our defence problems. They defended from the front which our two rarely do ( I personally would have brought on Tevez At half time to address this) and their midfield outnumbered ours until we went 3-5-2. Gerard was rubbish first half constantly misplacing passes but 2nd half he was very good.

Our whole side hasn't performed well against the better sides this season with 2 wins in 14 against better sides including CL.

It needs addressing and I think it will be at the end of the year

right not slagging him off just dont think he's improved the squad and dont think he's a patch on De Jong, can anyone tel me what he does that a 36 year old Didi Hamman didn't ?

Marvin said:
levets said:
leighton said:

Agreed. Shaky start to his career at City.....just like Silva. Doing well now

I never understood the love in with NDJ.. Sure he was committed in the tackle, fist clenched and very combative, inspiring in his way... but he was a one trick pony... sorry if that upsets some of you, but it's true... Always supported him and he will always be one of our champions... he moved on and so should we! Garcia is certainly an upgrade...

bluemc1 said:
right not slagging him off just dont think he's improved the squad and dont think he's a patch on De Jong, can anyone tel me what he does that a 36 year old Didi Hamman didn't ?

dont think he's a patch on De Jong
============
In what way? Doesn't do slide tackles?

More versatile than NDJ.. a bigger attacking threat... Reads the game as well if not better... wants to be here! Is our player, NDJ is not

levets said:
bluemc1 said:

============

More versatile than NDJ.. a bigger attacking threat... Reads the game as well if not better... wants to be here! Is our player, NDJ is not

imo De Jong covered far more ground won the ball back much more was quicker, so really just saying imo he was better DCM than Garcia, so anyway what do you think he does more than Hamman did ?

bluemc1 said:
levets said:
bluemc1 said:

============

imo De Jong covered far more ground won the ball back much more was quicker, so really just saying imo he was better DCM than Garcia, so anyway what do you think he does more than Hamman did ?

I've just told you above.... Hamman at city lol.... give it a rest. a 36 yr old Hamman did a job but to try and compare to Garcia... FFS... I'm going for a fucking lie down

De Jong was never the same after Ben Arfa-gate, people forget that he became a lot more cautious in his tackling and less tenacious, led to him becoming a bit part player. Before that he was one of the best purely defensive midfielders in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.