Javi Garcia

The thing that's really disappointing about the Garcia debate is he's probably in our top 5 consistent performers for 2013.

He seems committed, professional and eager to do well- I just wish we could back the guy.

Couple of games ago a guy in my row booed him read out, even just on the bench. Why?

NQCitizen said:
The thing that's really disappointing about the Garcia debate is he's probably in our top 5 consistent performers for 2013.

He seems committed, professional and eager to do well- I just wish we could back the guy.

Couple of games ago a guy in my row booed him read out, even just on the bench. Why?

Not a bad player at all but City like every club have a large minority who A know nothing about football and B are so thick they don't realise that booing a player is hugely counterproductive for the team however good/bad that player is.

At the Leeds game two thick chavs ( probably post on this site ) slated Kolarov after ten seconds because he didnt retain the ball after a woefully short pass to him by that non footballer Lescott ( going in the summer surely ). They were too thick to realise it was a shite pass from Lescott that was the problem ,not Kolarov's fault at all. However, certain players can play the greatest game ever but the agenda merchants ( I wish they'd piss off and 'support' someone else ) will never applaud a player they have decided is 'shit' as the thickos on here keep caling them. Thickos are everywhere !

First season in the league is always hard for any player. This is what we are seeing in Javi Garcia for me. Its difficult for him when he started and he found it hard to get used to the speed of the game here. Since the turn of the year he has slowly and I mean slowly has taken to the speed of the game a little bit better and has slowly started to show a bit more in the games. I think a full pre season for Javi and we may well see the best of him next season and kick on.
Next year our midfield will look and need a bit of work on it. I think Barry may well be off loaded and hopefully and ball playing centre midfielder will be added to the squad for new competition for places in there a passer is what we need to set the tempo of the game for us. At times were way to slow. A Xabi Alonso type of player for me would be the key were missing but those players are hard to find these days.

Slow is a very good description of Garcia. Not fast enough, not strong enough, not good enough. Sometimes you've just got to admit a player isn't as good as we would like them to be. Kolarov is in the same bracket. Both will be gone in summer clear out. Goodbye and good luck when you return to lesser leagues.

AshtonBlueMooner said:
Slow is a very good description of Garcia. Not fast enough, not strong enough, not good enough. Sometimes you've just got to admit a player isn't as good as we would like them to be. Kolarov is in the same bracket. Both will be gone in summer clear out. Goodbye and good luck when you return to lesser leagues.

I'm not sure why but I have a feeling Garcia will get another season whilst Kolarov will be moved on. Garcia seems to have struggled to get a good run of matches under his belt (when he's been given the starts) but he might yet surprise us. He may just need time to settle in to a new league.

The guy will never be good enough. Obvious from his first few games with us. Nothing personal against him and I'd never boo him (or any City player) but we were stupid to pay £16m for a player of incredibly limited ability. Dozens of players in Europe who could do with at a fraction of the cost and many more who can do a lot better. Saddled with him on a long term deal now for 5 years now though.

AshtonBlueMooner said:

Yet another pace obsessed BM post.

The best midfielder i had seen at the club since Bell, Ali B couldnt run to save his fucking life.

And how many of you have actually seen Garcia sprint? He rarely does because his positioning his good. Bad players have to sprint because they are out of position

I think he will be gone in the summer, as he's probably done enough in Spain and Portugal to get a move back there and he's on the fringes of the national team too, so that should help.

For me, he's just lacking a bit to play in England. Given the role that he plays, he should be one of our stand out players every week, as all we ask of him is to patrol a 40 yard square box of the pitch and make tackles, but he still struggles to get hold of the ball. Barry copped a load of flak against Everton for his passing, but at least he had the ball in the first place, whereas the game seemed to pass Garcia by.

Have to say though, and without particularly having a go at Mancini, that it probably doesn't do Garcia's confidence any good when your manager makes out that you never his first choice, and that the poor signings in the summer have cost us the league.

Brewster's millions said:
... but he still struggles to get hold of the ball. Barry copped a load of flak against Everton for his passing, but at least he had the ball in the first place, whereas the game seemed to pass Garcia by.

You do realise that only two City players and no Everton players had more touches of the ball than Garcia at Everton and that Barry was not one of those players? In fact Barry had 27 fewer touches of the ball than Garcia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.