Javi Garcia

CTID101 said:
Everyone knew what kind of player Garcia was when we bought him. We could have chosen someone else but we didn't, does that not speak volumes?

The original target was De Rossi and Martinez, one went to Bayern and the other doesn't want to leave his home club. We had sold Nigel because he was refusing a contract, trying to get a lot more money when he was barely getting in the team so we got rid, who else is there?

inbetween said:
bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
It's funny that the players everybody loves, who run around like terriers, chasing every ball are the ones who leave you exposed tactically. Zaba is so excellent but frequently out of position (really not saying he isn't great, we have cover) Tevez runs into blind alleys and De Jongs desperation to slide in and be the action man all the time left him with an unfair reputation. Even Kompanys all action tackles are a bit of a liabity. But the players who play reserved sensible football get hated.

I've come to think that if you're complaining about Garcia's pace or his unadventurous passing you don't really understand his role.

i understand his role just dont think he's cut out to do that in our league, a great CM shouldn't be limited to defending thats for defenders, midfield is someone with energy and pace, create and defend,
im not moaning about signing him as some just dont work out but im afraid he's just not right for this league, people dont pick a name out of a hat and slag that player off theres a reason and for me a lot of people see he has weakened the team,
when people say stop going on about De Jong being better than him De Jong wasnt even in the team, i dont think some get what we are saying is WHY by someone who not as good in that role as De Jong and unlike Nige play HIM every week, it all seems very backwards to me and thats how the results have gone

This is a complete misunderstanding of the way we play, Garcia is meant to stay back and fill in the '4th' man when one of our wingbacks attacks, he isn't meant to get forward or we will be completely stuffed if they get us on the break.

Garcia did jack wrong at the weekend and i haven't seen him have a poor game yet, others have done and been completely ignored, Zabs was shite at the weekend, so was Silva and several others. Garcia just did his job and how many times did Everton really threaten us? They had one flukey shot and a breakaway in the dying seconds of the game. How the hell can it be a defensive players fault ??

Garcia gives the ball away too often, isn't a great tackler and is slow.

Granted, he's been doing 'his job' in recent games, but if you're only job is to pass the ball to someone better, then most of the premier league/championship players could do it.

Not good enough for us and a huge step back from de Jong (although I understand why we had to let him go)

Hindsight is a bad thing to judge off because at the time you simply don't know how things will unfold; but Barry has been so poor this season that de Jong would have been playing regularly in the starting XI this season due to that. But what can be done about that? Nigel, his agent, nor Mancini were to know that's what the situation was going to be.

As for García, his performances - that have been good on the whole since Christmas - don't warrant 250+ pages of what is mostly negativity. As I said above, Barry has been poor this season and woeful since Christmas. Yet he only gets a mention from our support when he plays well and everyone says "why does nobody rate Barry?". He's been anonymous in some games and horrendous in others for a number of months now, and I don't think García deserves this level of negativity at all.

RP2 said:
inbetween said:
bluemc1 said:
i understand his role just dont think he's cut out to do that in our league, a great CM shouldn't be limited to defending thats for defenders, midfield is someone with energy and pace, create and defend,
im not moaning about signing him as some just dont work out but im afraid he's just not right for this league, people dont pick a name out of a hat and slag that player off theres a reason and for me a lot of people see he has weakened the team,
when people say stop going on about De Jong being better than him De Jong wasnt even in the team, i dont think some get what we are saying is WHY by someone who not as good in that role as De Jong and unlike Nige play HIM every week, it all seems very backwards to me and thats how the results have gone

This is a complete misunderstanding of the way we play, Garcia is meant to stay back and fill in the '4th' man when one of our wingbacks attacks, he isn't meant to get forward or we will be completely stuffed if they get us on the break.

Garcia did jack wrong at the weekend and i haven't seen him have a poor game yet, others have done and been completely ignored, Zabs was shite at the weekend, so was Silva and several others. Garcia just did his job and how many times did Everton really threaten us? They had one flukey shot and a breakaway in the dying seconds of the game. How the hell can it be a defensive players fault ??

Garcia gives the ball away too often, isn't a great tackler and is slow.

Granted, he's been doing 'his job' in recent games, but if you're only job is to pass the ball to someone better, then most of the premier league/championship players could do it.

Not good enough for us and a huge step back from de Jong (although I understand why we had to let him go)

All everyone did on here was moan about De Jong's ability to pass the ball sideways, he barely played last year and was holding us to ransom about a new contract. Garcia has two jobs and that is to be in position to protect the back 3 or in this case making up the 4th man and distribute the ball to someone like Silva or out wide. The workrate to do that from the rest wasn't there and when we had the ball Everton just had the time to press and get it back, we missed that link in midfield to start attacks massively so the only thing wrong with us was Yaya being missing.

How anyone can even argue about Garcia is beyond me because our ability to win at the weekend and in similar games has been due to strikers not scoring when they should and the forward midfield being absolutely abysmal, not a defensive midfielder giving the ball away which i don't remember him doing once. His job isn't to make darting runs and to be Lionel Messi around the box but rather to protect us from Everton attacks, now how many clear cut chances did Everton really have? The one player i was disappointed with was Kolarov but he was out of position and isn't a midfielder but again it should of been Yaya playing and we had no choice.

Garcia did jack wrong at the weekend and i haven't seen him have a poor game yet, others have done and been completely ignored, Zabs was shite at the weekend, so was Silva and several others. Garcia just did his job and how many times did Everton really threaten us? They had one flukey shot and a breakaway in the dying seconds of the game. How the hell can it be a defensive players fault ??[/quote]

u must have turned into stevie wonder for the wigan game, the worst performance ive seen by an individual in a long time.

route46 said:

u must have turned into stevie wonder for the wigan game, the worst performance ive seen by an individual in a long time.[/quote]

Oh fuckin dear..

there are some right fuckin gimps on here.

route46 said:

u must have turned into stevie wonder for the wigan game, the worst performance ive seen by an individual in a long time.[/quote]

You can pick out individual games for most players when they were utter dog shit.

Everton on Saturday, the darlings of bluemoon Zabba and Milner

bluemc1 said:
grim up north said:
bluemc1 said:

You obviously don't understand his role. He screens he tackles he wins headers. Gets the ball and passes it to our more forward thinking CM AM

so i should be happy for 16 million that he gets the ball and passes to someone who do something with it, you might of well just described Hamman, he screens ? FFS 16 million mate ?

If it helps us win games, yeah be happy. He's meant to cover for our cavalier full backs which are integral to our play.

Realistically our star names have let us down this season, having a better player in his position probably wouldn't have made much difference. As a DM he's done well - settles in, run of games, load of clean sheets.

route46 said:
u must have turned into stevie wonder for the wigan game, the worst performance ive seen by an individual in a long time.
[/quote]

Well the performance by most of the squad against Southampton was the worst i've seen for years so what does it matter, that's going back nearly 6 months. Going on how he's doing now i don't think he's doing as bad as some on here suggest, he is doing his job and that is all he's doing but some are talking like he's the sole reason we are losing games and he isn't. No he wasn't our main target in the summer but he's grown into his role and is not the reason we aren't winning. Him as a player is not the reason we lost against Everton so i don't think it's fair he gets some of the flak he does on here, the worst was when i went to the Leeds game and a few refused to clap him during the reading out of the team-sheets, it's really disgusting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.