Javi Garcia

NQCitizen said:
Aphex said:
His movement off the ball is pathetic. When he's in possession he never looks comfortable.. Unbelievable to think we got rid of De Jong for this guy.

He's not really meant to be making adventurous darting runs though. He's meant to screen and distribute reliably. Both of which he's very good at. De jong got rid of himself with extortionate demands.

and his choice of agent

nicholasjackson said:
NQCitizen said:
Aphex said:
His movement off the ball is pathetic. When he's in possession he never looks comfortable.. Unbelievable to think we got rid of De Jong for this guy.

He's not really meant to be making adventurous darting runs though. He's meant to screen and distribute reliably. Both of which he's very good at. De jong got rid of himself with extortionate demands.

and his choice of agent

ah but he was good and grafted - and appeared to give 100%

acton28 said:
nicholasjackson said:
NQCitizen said:

and his choice of agent

It's funny that the players everybody loves, who run around like terriers, chasing every ball are the ones who leave you exposed tactically. Zaba is so excellent but frequently out of position (really not saying he isn't great, we have cover) Tevez runs into blind alleys and De Jongs desperation to slide in and be the action man all the time left him with an unfair reputation. Even Kompanys all action tackles are a bit of a liabity. But the players who play reserved sensible football get hated.

I've come to think that if you're complaining about Garcia's pace or his unadventurous passing you don't really understand his role.

It's funny that the players everybody loves, who run around like terriers, chasing every ball are the ones who leave you exposed tactically. Zaba is so excellent but frequently out of position (really not saying he isn't great, we have cover) Tevez runs into blind alleys and De Jongs desperation to slide in and be the action man all the time left him with an unfair reputation. Even Kompanys all action tackles are a bit of a liabity. But the players who play reserved sensible football get hated.

I've come to think that if you're complaining about Garcia's pace or his unadventurous passing you don't really understand his role.

Absolutely spot on. Most British football fans are only happy if they've got a team of Robbie Savages or Paul Dickov's ( limited talent but 'get stuck in' ). These people are happy to be losers, like the England football team. Someone earlier said Garcia was frightened to receive the ball, unbelievable !! He has got great technique, very comfortable on the ball and actually does do the British thing and 'get stuck in'. Now making his way into the Spanish squad btw. The world's great football teams have technically gifted and intelligent players. England have had very few in 50 years. Result, not even made the final of a major tournament in 50 years.

NQCitizen said:
acton28 said:
nicholasjackson said:
and his choice of agent

i understand his role just dont think he's cut out to do that in our league, a great CM shouldn't be limited to defending thats for defenders, midfield is someone with energy and pace, create and defend,
im not moaning about signing him as some just dont work out but im afraid he's just not right for this league, people dont pick a name out of a hat and slag that player off theres a reason and for me a lot of people see he has weakened the team,
when people say stop going on about De Jong being better than him De Jong wasnt even in the team, i dont think some get what we are saying is WHY by someone who not as good in that role as De Jong and unlike Nige play HIM every week, it all seems very backwards to me and thats how the results have gone

bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
acton28 said:

i understand his role just dont think he's cut out to do that in our league, a great CM shouldn't be limited to defending thats for defenders, midfield is someone with energy and pace, create and defend,
im not moaning about signing him as some just dont work out but im afraid he's just not right for this league, people dont pick a name out of a hat and slag that player off theres a reason and for me a lot of people see he has weakened the team,
when people say stop going on about De Jong being better than him De Jong wasnt even in the team, i dont think some get what we are saying is WHY by someone who not as good in that role as De Jong and unlike Nige play HIM every week, it all seems very backwards to me and thats how the results have gone

You obviously don't understand his role. He screens he tackles he wins headers. Gets the ball and passes it to our more forward thinking CM AM

grim up north said:
bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:

You obviously don't understand his role. He screens he tackles he wins headers. Gets the ball and passes it to our more forward thinking CM AM

so i should be happy for 16 million that he gets the ball and passes to someone who do something with it, you might of well just described Hamman, he screens ? FFS 16 million mate ?

bluemc1 said:
grim up north said:
bluemc1 said:

so i should be happy for 16 million that he gets the ball and passes to someone who do something with it, you might of well just described Hamman, he screens ? FFS 16 million

Ok

bluemc1 said:
NQCitizen said:
acton28 said:

This is a complete misunderstanding of the way we play, Garcia is meant to stay back and fill in the '4th' man when one of our wingbacks attacks, he isn't meant to get forward or we will be completely stuffed if they get us on the break.

Garcia did jack wrong at the weekend and i haven't seen him have a poor game yet, others have done and been completely ignored, Zabs was shite at the weekend, so was Silva and several others. Garcia just did his job and how many times did Everton really threaten us? They had one flukey shot and a breakaway in the dying seconds of the game. How the hell can it be a defensive players fault ??

Everyone knew what kind of player Garcia was when we bought him. We could have chosen someone else but we didn't, does that not speak volumes?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.