Javi Garcia

Mr. Aguia said:
Vienna_70 said:
OB1 said:
You do realise that only two City players and no Everton players had more touches of the ball than Garcia at Everton and that Barry was not one of those players? In fact Barry had 27 fewer touches of the ball than Garcia.

It really is unbelievable what and how some people see at matches.

Posters keep going on about Javi's supposed lack of pace, but in his rôle, he doesn't need to be Linford Christie.

NdJ and Barry aren't the fastest, but they perform(ed) their job superbly.

I admit he struggled when he first arrived, but don't a lot of players?

Since he came back into the side at the turn of the year, he has been superb, as has been shown by the low number of goals conceded in that time.

Only time will tell if he a long-term success, but the only person, whose opinion matters, Mancini, seems to rate him and that's good enough for me.

How can a player that doesn't do much of anything be superb? He is being graded on such a curve. Sure he's not as bad as early this season but that's not saying much. he was pathetic early on. Not being pathetic is hardly worth praise. Nothing is expected of him. He's not expected to score. He's not expected to creat offense. He's not expected to make long forward passes. He's not expected to effect the game is any way. All he does is make a bunch of 5 yd sideways passes.

The problem with his lack of pace is that Barry also lacks pace. So having 2 slow footed players who don't really effect the game in any meaningful way going forward really stalls out the offense. It also leaves us open to the counter attack which we have been burned on time after time this year.

How many goals have we conceded this year?

Answer - SEVEN. Three against Southampton and two each against the blue and red dippers.

That's hardly being "burned time after time" is it?

Vienna_70 said:
Mr. Aguia said:
Vienna_70 said:
It really is unbelievable what and how some people see at matches.

Posters keep going on about Javi's supposed lack of pace, but in his rôle, he doesn't need to be Linford Christie.

NdJ and Barry aren't the fastest, but they perform(ed) their job superbly.

I admit he struggled when he first arrived, but don't a lot of players?

Since he came back into the side at the turn of the year, he has been superb, as has been shown by the low number of goals conceded in that time.

Only time will tell if he a long-term success, but the only person, whose opinion matters, Mancini, seems to rate him and that's good enough for me.

How can a player that doesn't do much of anything be superb? He is being graded on such a curve. Sure he's not as bad as early this season but that's not saying much. he was pathetic early on. Not being pathetic is hardly worth praise. Nothing is expected of him. He's not expected to score. He's not expected to creat offense. He's not expected to make long forward passes. He's not expected to effect the game is any way. All he does is make a bunch of 5 yd sideways passes.

The problem with his lack of pace is that Barry also lacks pace. So having 2 slow footed players who don't really effect the game in any meaningful way going forward really stalls out the offense. It also leaves us open to the counter attack which we have been burned on time after time this year.

How many goals have we conceded this year?

Answer - SEVEN. Three against Southampton and two each against the blue and red dippers.

That's hardly being "burned time after time" is it?
He is frequently outpaced, but it does not necessarily lead to a goal each time. He seems the slowest City player I can remember. I want him to do well, he is a City player, but his lack of speed is frustrating.

Those saying his lack of speed isn't irrelevant to his role? really?

OF COURSE IT MATTERS.

Garcia isn't that quick, his pace and speed of reading the game is EXACTLY what let's him down and makes his job hard for him.

He doesn't shuffle across the pitch with the rest of the team when the ball is moved from right to left ...vice versa, he's 5 yards behind the game. Away at Newcastle he scored a goal, and straight away that meant he had a good game. But in the real world he got away with absolute murder, he was so out of position that game it was frightening, but he got away with it as Newcastle gave it away or lost possession everytime. That's just one or many he games. Liverpool at home was another, he didn't get away with it that game. When Jordan Henderson runs rings around you, then you do have a major problem.

His passing at times is suspect, but his biggest letdown is his pace and speed. The game passes him by at times and it's like he's not even there.

How many times has he been booked for making a tackle where he CHASING a player running towards our net? they skip through him like he's not even there.

Also people saying De Jong wasn't fast, he wasn't lightening but he was fairly quick. You never saw him scrambling to cover himself after getting caught out.

If you want to talk about just the 'role', then at the end of the day De Jong was and is one of the best players in the world for breaking up the play.

Garcia isn't half the player De Jong is.

This is our best midfield:

---------Milner---Barry

------------Y.Toure

Freestyler, nail on head mate BUT i will say he's a real threat at corners. That's one aspect I've been impressed with. Perhaps well see a better player once he's had a full season with us.

Mike N said:
de niro said:
i can't wait for this boy to grow properly in to our league and our team.

he will shut the know nowts up good and proper.

'the know nowts'? Or maybe people who have a different opinion of a player.

Yeh but that opinion is wrong, based on the fact that they know nothing and chat shit.

You'll be telling me next there is chance my opinion is wrong. Not possible.

Freestyler said:
Those saying his lack of speed isn't irrelevant to his role? really?

OF COURSE IT MATTERS.

Garcia isn't that quick, his pace and speed of reading the game is EXACTLY what let's him down and makes his job hard for him.

He doesn't shuffle across the pitch with the rest of the team when the ball is moved from right to left ...vice versa, he's 5 yards behind the game. Away at Newcastle he scored a goal, and straight away that meant he had a good game. But in the real world he got away with absolute murder, he was so out of position that game it was frightening, but he got away with it as Newcastle gave it away or lost possession everytime. That's just one or many he games. Liverpool at home was another, he didn't get away with it that game. When Jordan Henderson runs rings around you, then you do have a major problem.

His passing at times is suspect, but his biggest letdown is his pace and speed. The game passes him by at times and it's like he's not even there.

How many times has he been booked for making a tackle where he CHASING a player running towards our net? they skip through him like he's not even there.

Also people saying De Jong wasn't fast, he wasn't lightening but he was fairly quick. You never saw him scrambling to cover himself after getting caught out.

If you want to talk about just the 'role', then at the end of the day De Jong was and is one of the best players in the world for breaking up the play.

Garcia isn't half the player De Jong is.

This is our best midfield:

---------Milner---Barry

------------Y.Toure

If he's five yards behind the game then how on earth has he the best interceptions per game ratio of any City player this season?

That awful awful Garcia who's a part of the greatest national team of alltime managed by one of the most succesful managers of alltime?

One poster says our best midfield is Milner, Barry and Yaya Toure....that may or may not be true. But it does show us just how far away we are from being a top top team. When you look at the midfield quality and pace of teams like Bayern, Madrid and Dortmund not to mention a certain team with a midfield trio of Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets then you wonder if we can reach the elite level with Milner and Barry.

The answer is clearly no....they are good and solid players but they will not win us the Champions League. Our two new Spanish executives have some very important work to do in this summer's transfer market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.