Javi Garcia

Rolee said:
Freestyler said:
Those saying his lack of speed isn't irrelevant to his role? really?

OF COURSE IT MATTERS.

Garcia isn't that quick, his pace and speed of reading the game is EXACTLY what let's him down and makes his job hard for him.

He doesn't shuffle across the pitch with the rest of the team when the ball is moved from right to left ...vice versa, he's 5 yards behind the game. Away at Newcastle he scored a goal, and straight away that meant he had a good game. But in the real world he got away with absolute murder, he was so out of position that game it was frightening, but he got away with it as Newcastle gave it away or lost possession everytime. That's just one or many he games. Liverpool at home was another, he didn't get away with it that game. When Jordan Henderson runs rings around you, then you do have a major problem.

His passing at times is suspect, but his biggest letdown is his pace and speed. The game passes him by at times and it's like he's not even there.

How many times has he been booked for making a tackle where he CHASING a player running towards our net? they skip through him like he's not even there.

Also people saying De Jong wasn't fast, he wasn't lightening but he was fairly quick. You never saw him scrambling to cover himself after getting caught out.

If you want to talk about just the 'role', then at the end of the day De Jong was and is one of the best players in the world for breaking up the play.

Garcia isn't half the player De Jong is.

This is our best midfield:

---------Milner---Barry

------------Y.Toure

If he's five yards behind the game then how on earth has he the best interceptions per game ratio of any City player this season?

Because he doesn't "shuffle along" he actually covers the space that the opposition could be a threat from.

He's our best tactician defensively. Also statistically he gets dribbled past less than once a game. Plus "pace" and "speed" are the same damn thing.

Also another massively blind spot - we were much much more vulnerable to aerially balls defensively before with De Jong. And no he didn't commit clever cynical fouls he went flying in if he got beat.

Garcia's performance against Everrton

56 passes at a 90% completion rate, the best in this game for all players. He was also the most accurate passer in the final third. He successfully made 24 of 25 passes in the final third.

Hugely impressive. And that's why he's in the Spanish squad

Marvin,your one man crusade to 'prove' Garcia isnt just very average is admirable,however,in that Everton game,and in the others he has participated,he has done nothing even close to exceptional.

I saw the game so i dont need stats to tell me Evertons midfield bossed us totally.

He is a journey man midfielder,who we didnt really need,especially so,given the fee involved.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin,your one man crusade to 'prove' Garcia isnt just very average is admirable,however,in that Everton game,and in the others he has participated,he has done nothing even close to exceptional.

I saw the game so i dont need stats to tell me Evertons midfield bossed us totally.

He is a journey man midfielder,who we didnt really need,especially so,given the fee involved.
Bossed us totally? Rubbish, it was a typical Everton backs to the wall job where we dominated possession and attempts on goal.

City didn't play well. But as per usual for this season it all came down to putting the ball in the net which we haven't done consistently all season.

Garcia is one of our best players at the moment and has been so for the last 3 months

Everton played us perfectly,they dominated us with equal players on the pitch,granted,with 10 men,we put them on the back foot later in the game,however,they still got the better of us both in terms of tactics and desire.

I'm not sure what exactly you watched?

Anyway,i/we digress,this thread is about the bang average,uninspiring Garcia.

FantasyIreland said:
Everton played us perfectly,they dominated us with equal players on the pitch,granted,with 10 men,we put them on the back foot later in the game,however,they still got the better of us both in terms of tactics and desire.

That average that he was on Spain's bench yesterday.

Everton did not dominate City. They deserved their win because they defended well and scored two good goals which is not the same thing

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:

That average that he was on Spain's bench yesterday.

Everton did not dominate City. They deserved their win because they defended well and scored two good goals which is not the same thing
I agree with that they never bossed us at all,they were good for the first part of the game and just wanted it more.

bapi said:
That awful awful Garcia who's a part of the greatest national team of alltime managed by one of the most succesful managers of alltime?

Please tell me you're joking? He played 22 minutes for Spain in a friendly match against Serbia.

Garcia is wank and will never be good enough to be first choice for us in the Prem.

He's had a couple of average games for us, the rest utter shite.

Marvin said:
Garcia's performance against Everrton

56 passes at a 90% completion rate, the best in this game for all players. He was also the most accurate passer in the final third. He successfully made 24 of 25 passes in the final third.

Hugely impressive. And that's why he's in the Spanish squad
Lescott probably has a higher pass completion rate, his passing seems similar to Garcia. A 5 yard pass sideways, usually to the player that has just passed it to him. I like Joleon and I want to like Garcia but both players seem to hide in games and not really want the ball. Lescott is faster!
There are lies, damn lies and statistics!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.