Javi Garcia

The game was crying out for him after Chelsea scored, it was obvious he needed to come on. Did a decent job once he did, it settled the game nicely.

NQCitizen said:
Closing the game out, stiffening up midfield and making in interceptions is the perfect role for him and he did it brilliantly when he came on. If he improves his range of passing we've got our next Barry.
He actually does have a good range of passing he has shown it a few times this season. He just needs some more confidence to bring it out of him. Also I think Mancini has set instructions for players, certainly noticed it with Nasri. Garcia is probably the same, keep the ball moving, don't lose possession or give away dangerous fouls and generally keep the team ticking over.
Maybe next year he will be given a bit more freedom, try and find some games from his time at Benfica, he can pass a ball long and short very well.

NQCitizen said:
Closing the game out, stiffening up midfield and making in interceptions is the perfect role for him and he did it brilliantly when he came on. If he improves his range of passing we've got our next Barry.

I think there is literally a 0% chance he's the next Barry. Both players will break up play, but Barry's willingness and ability to show for the ball and play triangles is something Garcia just will not develop at this point. I feel confident in this 100%, and this isn't as much a slight to Garcia as it is a nod to some of the tremendous possession work Barry does that often goes unnoticed.

I am prepared to hold judgement on Garcia. He has improved since he joined the club. Add to that the fact that he is an amazing aerial threat. I think he just needs time to settle. He could become a key player for the club.

A major factor is that he has replaced De Jong, that would not be easy for anyone.

kp789 said:
I am prepared to hold judgement on Garcia. He has improved since he joined the club. Add to that the fact that he is an amazing aerial threat. I think he just needs time to settle. He could become a key player for the club.

A major factor is that he has replaced De Jong, that would not be easy for anyone.

Second post in two minutes I agree with! He fills the void behind Yaya to allow him stomping forward!

teddykgb said:
NQCitizen said:

I think there is literally a 0% chance he's the next Barry. Both players will break up play, but Barry's willingness and ability to show for the ball and play triangles is something Garcia just will not develop at this point. I feel confident in this 100%, and this isn't as much a slight to Garcia as it is a nod to some of the tremendous possession work Barry does that often goes unnoticed.

Barry has been outstanding in the past few games - made the team tick yesterday for me. Doesn't stop running and he looks a much more complete footballer than Garcia.

Expect Garcia to go in the summer and Barry to sign a new contract.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 pm --<br /><br />
teddykgb said:
NQCitizen said:

Barry has been outstanding in the past few games - made the team tick yesterday for me. Doesn't stop running and he looks a much more complete footballer than Garcia.

Expect Garcia to go in the summer and Barry to sign a new contract.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.