Javi Garcia

CTID101 said:
It is irrelevant how much he has played or for how long, the fact of the matter is that despite their being so many talented Spanish midfielders around, Garcia is in the squad. This is despite him being shit, slow, wank, useless, cant pass, cant shoot, cant run and so on.

It is clear to me he is a good player and like anyone he needs time to settle, the premier league is very different to what he is used to.

He may never be able to adapt to it but calling for a players head because he hasn't done so in less than a year is just crazy but I guess sums up a lot of people on here.

I do not think people honestly think he is rubbish but I would certainly question his position in the team as he is clearly not what we need, although admittedly that is not his fault. The team lacks dynamism, pace, speed of thought and unfortunately he adds to the problem rather than resolve it.

Too many dropped points this year by failure to break teams down and although it is not his sole fault he has contributed to the pedantic, no responsibility type of play.

A year in football is a long time especially for a 24 million pound signing. Unfortunately we go not have the luxury of allowing him to find his feet within the squad and I am guessing the money he is paid not many clubs could justify that.

Like you say it may not be his fault but his position in the team deserves to be questioned.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
MSP said:
He was called for some friendlies and played some minutes in one of them before EURO when Barcelona had yet to play Copa final. Him, Negredo and few more were dropped for euro.

Do you mean Soldado?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18355311

Yeah, I should probably say Soldado :))

I thought Negredo was dropped too though.. can't remember him playing at euro

I thing Javi is one of those players that take a bit more time to adapt to the premier league. Im hoping and think he'll be a lot better next season. Hopefully with the whole side upping their game. Think it's a tad unfair to use him as a scapegoat for what's been a disappointing season (on most fronts) for all the team.

Marvin said:
He is a City regular now, and was on the bench this week for their World Cup qualifier.

And that should tell you that his performances for City have impressed his national coach

Impressed so much that he's still yet to play one minute of competitive football for Spain? He might be more regular now but I felt Rodwell's contribution against Chelsea was significantly better than anything Garcia has given us so far.

peoffrey said:
Marvin said:
He is a City regular now, and was on the bench this week for their World Cup qualifier.

And that should tell you that his performances for City have impressed his national coach

Impressed so much that he's still yet to play one minute of competitive football for Spain? He might be more regular now but I felt Rodwell's contribution against Chelsea was significantly better than anything Garcia has given us so far.

... playing a completely different role next to Garcia. He's a defensive midfielder whose job is to screen. Rodwell was playing as an attacking mid that game.

NQCitizen said:
peoffrey said:
Marvin said:

... playing a completely different role next to Garcia. He's a defensive midfielder whose job is to screen. Rodwell was playing as an attacking mid that game.

I wasn't comparing them as players. Just their own personal contributions on the pitch.

Rammy Blue said:
Anyone reckon we've rested Javi for the last few weeks ready to unleash him on Chelsea?

No. He wasn't needed against U****d. I imagine we'll start with 2 Strikers against Chelsea so competition for a place in the team is rife.

nehe11 said:
Won virtually every ball when he got on, did very well.
Yes he won some of the ball late on but the fact is he does not fit into our system.
Speed poor and just drifts about aimlessly,therefore contributes very little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.