Javi Garcia

mancityscot said:
thought he did a very stellar job when he came on, made a few good tackles and interceptions. an assured presence in midfield for the last 10

I'm not convinced we'd have held out without his participation,however,thats the minimum contribution i'd have expected from a 16m defensive midfielder.

I look forward to Rodwell being injury free.

ChicagoBlue said:
Brewster's millions said:
Expect Garcia to go in the summer and Barry to sign a new contract.

No and yes.
Both have earned the right to be Man City players next season!

Perhaps, but if you were in Garcia's shoes, how would you feel when Mancini constantly talks about poor signings costing us the league? Mancini obviously isn't talking about Nastasic when he says this, and he's said a few times how much he rates Rodwell (at least in terms of potential). Maicon was Mancini's own signing, and he can't blame Marwood for this one, so can only assume that he's talking about Garcia and Sinclair when he's discussing the poor transfer window.

Would still be surprised if Garcia is here next season if Barry stays and Rodwell gets fit.

ChicagoBlue said:
Expect Garcia to go in the summer and Barry to sign a new contract.

No and yes.
Both have earned the right to be Man City players next season!

Perhaps, but if you were in Garcia's shoes, how would you feel when Mancini constantly talks about poor signings costing us the league? Mancini obviously isn't talking about Nastasic when he says this, and he's said a few times how much he rates Rodwell (at least in terms of potential). Maicon was Mancini's own signing, and he can't blame Marwood for this one, so can only assume that he's talking about Garcia and Sinclair when he's discussing the poor transfer window.

Would still be surprised if Garcia is here next season if Barry stays and Rodwell gets fit.

To be fair to Garcia, Mancini's not really complained about the signings we did make, more the signings we didn't make. Like Van Persie, De Rossi, Hazard etc.

FantasyIreland said:
mancityscot said:
thought he did a very stellar job when he came on, made a few good tackles and interceptions. an assured presence in midfield for the last 10

I'm not convinced we'd have held out without his participation,however,thats the minimum contribution i'd have expected from a 16m defensive midfielder.

That mate without any swearing was a good response with which I agree.

FantasyIreland said:
mancityscot said:

I don't think Rodwell is a DM in our system. He does defensive work but so does everyone else. He's much more in the Yaya mold so to speak. I think it's interesting that both Garcia and Rodwell played together very well. They seemed to have a very good understanding.

taconinja said:
FantasyIreland said:
mancityscot said:

I don't think Rodwell is a DM in our system. He does defensive work but so does everyone else. He's much more in the Yaya mold so to speak. I think it's interesting that both Garcia and Rodwell played together very well. They seemed to have a very good understanding.
agree with the rodwell assessment, injury free and given a long run of games next season will be something special to see. i think it would be hard to argue that the times hes played this season hes looked pretty excellent and exciting. as far as garcia im prepaped to wait until the end of next season to give any kind of judgement on him its not easy at all coming into a completely different league knowing none of the players and slot in quickly. people need to relax with the talk of him being sold in the summer which most definitely wont happen

I find it hard to believe that city fans can't see the negative effect Garcia has in our playing style? By all means put him on when trying to run down the clock or hold on to a tight game, but to start him? He takes all the fluency out of our game, yet talking to fellow blues they tell me "he had a good game here or a good game there and the reason we didn't concede for X amount of games". To me he is the reason we didn't turn teams over by 3/4! Don't get me wrong I've nothing against the lad, he always puts a shift in, my problem is with Bobby for not benching him sooner, I think we'd still be in with a shout for the league, a few extra points and a bit of pressure on UTD?

Paul11/12 said:
I find it hard to believe that city fans can't see the negative effect Garcia has in our playing style? By all means put him on when trying to run down the clock or hold on to a tight game, but to start him? He takes all the fluency out of our game, yet talking to fellow blues they tell me "he had a good game here or a good game there and the reason we didn't concede for X amount of games". To me he is the reason we didn't turn teams over by 3/4! Don't get me wrong I've nothing against the lad, he always puts a shift in, my problem is with Bobby for not benching him sooner, I think we'd still be in with a shout for the league, a few extra points and a bit of pressure on UTD?

That, my friend is absolute bullshit.
Did you even think before you posted that?
Or are you just looking for a scapegoat.
What's done is done, so give it a rest.

jauganaut said:
Paul11/12 said:

That, my friend is absolute bullshit.
Did you even think before you posted that?
Or are you just looking for a scapegoat.
What's done is done, so give it a rest.

Bullshit, maybe. Think before I posted, yes! Iv'e been thinking the same thing all season(not just looking for a scapegoat, i'm trying to be nice about the guy) Yaya not effective(considered by many as the best all round M/F in the world) We don't look like a team trying to win games with Garcia in the lineup, we look like a team trying not to lose! He keeps Milner out of the side(who more often than not is MOM when does get a start)
Yesterday he came on with what 20 mins to go, trying to hold on to a lead, we were under immense pressure and he never got near the ball for the first 10 mins of his time?

True or false ?<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:38 am --<br /><br />
Anthony Kun said:
kp789 said:
I am prepared to hold judgement on Garcia. He has improved since he joined the club. Add to that the fact that he is an amazing aerial threat. I think he just needs time to settle. He could become a key player for the club.

A major factor is that he has replaced De Jong, that would not be easy for anyone.

Second post in two minutes I agree with! He fills the void behind Yaya to allow him stomping forward!

If he fills the void behind Yaya so well, why hasn't it worked for Yaya this year?

1 reason Garcia is not up to it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.