Javi Garcia

MihaiCity said:
he is simply not good enough to make it...will be better for him to go if we can get 8-10M euros for him we can put another 10 and buy one of obiang/kondogbia

And what if they're not suited to this league, or take time to settle and have a few dodgy moments in games? Why not give Garcia time, he's only been here a season and not played a lot even then. We could still buy a better midfielder but may as well keep him, he's a decent squad player and quite versatile, cover as centre back, etc.

Jack Wills said:
MihaiCity said:
he is simply not good enough to make it...will be better for him to go if we can get 8-10M euros for him we can put another 10 and buy one of obiang/kondogbia

And what if they're not suited to this league, or take time to settle and have a few dodgy moments in games? Why not give Garcia time, he's only been here a season and not played a lot even then. We could still buy a better midfielder but may as well keep him, he's a decent squad player and quite versatile, cover as centre back, etc.
No let's not give him time. Time won't transform him. Once you lose time you can never get it back!

His is just dreadful, simple as. I quiver whenever he's within a 5-yard radius of the ball. Opposition players simply glide past him as if he wasn't there. Please sell in the summer and let's recuperate a little of the massive fee we shelled out for this guy. Hoping Benfica win the Uefa cup so they can use that prize money to buy him back for a cut price deal!

yatesy94 said:
His is just dreadful, simple as. I quiver whenever he's within a 5-yard radius of the ball. Opposition players simply glide past him as if he wasn't there. Please sell in the summer and let's recuperate a little of the massive fee we shelled out for this guy.

I don't get how people say people glide straight Garcia when he's constantly keeping clean sheets when he plays, far more reliably than our other midfield options. I know he's slow, but the mock outrage with everything he does (usually fairly well) is absurd.

Strong in the air, a reliable passer, a competent tackler and good at tactical cover, there's much worse cover out there.

Had a much better game than Rodwell, Lescott Richards and Kolarov tonight.

NQCitizen said:
yatesy94 said:
His is just dreadful, simple as. I quiver whenever he's within a 5-yard radius of the ball. Opposition players simply glide past him as if he wasn't there. Please sell in the summer and let's recuperate a little of the massive fee we shelled out for this guy.

I don't get how people say people glide straight Garcia when he's constantly keeping clean sheets when he plays, far more reliably than our other midfield options. I know he's slow, but the mock outrage with everything he does (usually fairly well) is absurd.

Strong in the air, a reliable passer, a competent tackler and good at tactical cover, there's much worse cover out there.

Rodwell and Richards had a far better game than him. And you can't really use Kolarov as an example. I had a better game than Kolarov tonight and I was sat at home.

RandomJ said:
NQCitizen said:
yatesy94 said:

Rodwell and Richards had a far better game than him. And you can't really use Kolarov as an example. I had a better game than Kolarov tonight and I was sat at home.

Have to disagree, but that last line made me laugh. I just think because he doesn't run headlong into blind alley after blind alley he's under-appreciated while some player's effort is over rated for its actual influence.

NQCitizen said:
[

I can't believe the shite he is getting on here. Thought he held us together 2nd half in the midfield....Like you say, a few worse than him tonight.

No point in selling him after one year. Could be a useful addition with full pre season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.