Javi Garcia

GazBaz18 said:
We have been in this situation before... Silva was shocking the first 6 months, maybe he just needs time.
He wasn't, at all.

He was introduced sparingly at first. I think his first start was in the Europa League when he played well and crossed in that great ball for Boyata to score a header from. Then immediately after that he was poor in one game and a little nervous in maybe two right at the very start but from then on he was good.

It took Yaya until West Ham away to really find his feet (about October) in his first season. But that's still not six months.

I have a good feeling about this lad..yes the game has passed him by in his last few appearances, but more games/time on the training ground will sort that out.

I think he can be another De Jong if he learns to sit tight and restrict his desire to get forward to just set pieces.

If he can do that, YaYa and Silva will go forward with increasing confidence, like they did last season with De jong and Barry tucked in behind them.

I also think both he and Rodwell could come into their own when ACON kicks in, and we need to change things up a bit.

As others have said..patience!

Carstairs said:
The pace of the game in the Premiership is so much faster than in La Liga, particularly in the centre of midfield.

Give the lad a chance, he'll adapt and come good.
We didn't buy him from the La Liga ;)

I honestly cannot believe that people are slating a player who has yet to have a run of games which as we all know brings out the best in any player.
Truly bizarre!

Carstairs said:
The pace of the game in the Premiership is so much faster than in La Liga, particularly in the centre of midfield.

Give the lad a chance, he'll adapt and come good.

Where was he came from again erm Malaga yeah thats the one.

Carstairs said:
Oh yeah! It was Benfica wasn't it?

They all play fucking slowly as well! ;-)

He played well against fast teams like the scum in the Champions League last year. I think he's a quality player but think he would benefit more if we had more mobile and athletic midfielders around him like he did at Benfica.

It is far too early to right him off. He looks a very good player once he settles down in my opinion.

Caveman said:
GazBaz18 said:
We have been in this situation before... Silva was shocking the first 6 months, maybe he just needs time.
He wasn't, at all.

He was introduced sparingly at first. I think his first start was in the Europa League when he played well and crossed in that great ball for Boyata to score a header from. Then immediately after that he was poor in one game and a little nervous in maybe two right at the very start but from then on he was good.

It took Yaya until West Ham away to really find his feet (about October) in his first season. But that's still not six months.
Toure's match winning performance against West Ham was in December. We went top of the table and Tevez handed in a transfer request on the same day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.