Javi Garcia

Re: Javi Garcia ?

If he had any passing range, I could tolerate him defensively with the right partner, but he ain't even got that.

Woohoo, congrats you can pass it literally 2 more yards than Nige.

What we got with Garcia (based on his play at Benfica) is a midfielder who sits in front of the back four providing good cover for them, has good passing ability to launch attacks and (given his playing position) manages to grab a few goals too.

We have only seen glimpses of this so far at City, but as has been said already, new country, new team, higher tempo, tougher league.

We cannot say for certain whether or not he will sink or swim; what we can say though is that it is far too early to write him off just yet.

I agree, he was dog shit last night but let's give the lad a little bit of leeway just now.

last night he was a liability who could easily have cost us the game.. look forward to seeing him again in FA Cup R3 against macclesfield or Scunny with Rodwell as his partner

He was very poor last night and gave the ball away too easy, passing was off and was caught out of position a few times as well.

Don't doubt that he is a talented player, maybe it will take him longer to adjust to our game than we & bobby had anticipated

Looks totally out of his depth in the Premier League , and it's up to him to put things right ..... that's if he gets enough chances to do it !

He clearly needs more time to adapt to the rigours of the league but the initial signs are worrying.

In my opinion you can usually see the basics of a player, even when they are not playing well. With Garcia I am genuinely struggling to see even a glimmer of any acceptable attributes.

His passing range seems very limited, he looks incredibly weak in the tackle and there is no urgency to his game when it comes to getting the ball back. The game passes him by and he doesn't appear to have the ability to keep up with the play.

All that said I have faith in Roberto and hope he improves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.