Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
NipHolmes said:
Said it in the Isco thread. The best thing we can do is loan him to Malaga as part of the Isco deal. It's a WC year so he can get the chance to shine (small chance but possible never the less) and off the back of a season we will get the chance to sell him on for better money than we can now as long as Malaga pay a fair chunk towards his wages, if not the best thing we can do is sell now and cut the loss.

Mancini has scouts out on Savic and Garcia yet missed the gems besides them both times in Nastasic and Wistel, laughable really isn't it.
Savic had a good season for Fiorentina and Montenegro

That's the problem with Mancini and his scouts right there, choosing players to suit an Italian system but not the English league.

Savic was useless here and I shit myself every time I saw him on the first eleven teamsheet. Nearly got sent off v Chelsea in the COMS and after that he rightly was dropped.

I chuckle when I think that the scouts passed on Nasty and went for Savic.<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:14 pm --<br /><br />
Dribble said:
NipHolmes said:
Dribble said:
^^^This^^^ The rest deleted for accuracy, Mancini was just a part of the player acquisition board. Mancini wanted Martinez & got Garcia instead, so Garcia to City wasn't his fault.
Mancini sent a scout out for Garcia. Gregucci?
It's widely ackowledged that Mancini had to make do with his B-list in the final days of last summer's transfer window. The squad was light on numbers so it was a case of 'this is what's left, take it or leave it'. Not much of a choice for the manager of the newly crowned Premiership Champions & richest club in the world is it?

At what point do you reckon that any of those last day signings would have been Mancini's considered choices? Mancini made it very clear as soon as the season was over who he wanted. He wanted RVP, Martinez, Lavezzi, Hazard, Silva & De Rossi & look who he ended up with.

I understand completely. My point is that we went for Garcia instead of Witsel and your point makes little odds as Witsel was bought AFTER we bought Garcia.

Garcia should never have made the short-list.

So you know that Witsel wanted to come to City?
His family were interested in moving to Manchester?

Oh you don't.

For all we know we went for Witsel but he turned us down. But that doesn't fit in with the bashing on here does it.

CTID101 said:

Oh you don't.

For all we know we went for Witsel but he turned us down. But that doesn't fit in with the bashing on here does it.

Firstly stop talking top yourself, it's ridiculous.

I suppose his family just love living in Russia :/

I suppose him being friends with Kompany isn't an issue either, Fellaini just down the road too.

Fact of the matter is we went for the wrong bloody player.

NipHolmes said:
CTID101 said:

Oh you don't.

I suppose him being friends with Kompany isn't an issue either, Fellaini just down the road too.

It's not a fact. You're being silly with the overstating.

taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:
CTID101 said:

Oh you don't.

Ok once more before I log off. We were linked with both, both were being scouted, we went for the wrong one and Witsel was a) open to a move obviously (moved to Russia ffs) and b) was even recommended to us by Vinny.

The point of my (small but now overblown) point is that we scouted the wrong player and it was obvious who was the better player. It's no coincidence that the wrongs players scouted just like at Belgrade. Problem is the scout fucks off but leaves us with a player with 4 years left on 80k+bonus a week who we will inevitably lose on when we sell him. Whether we can afford to lose is irrelevant, I hate seeing the club lose out and this was poor scouting. On my word I said last season to Kneville Neville about him and said we should go for Witsel instead as Garcia was one dimensional and not good enough. How can I spot this but a scout on £million+ a year can't?

Anyway, back to Garcia, how do you see his future panning out?

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:

Ok once more before I log off. We were linked with both, both were being scouted, we went for the wrong one and Witsel was a) open to a move obviously (moved to Russia ffs) and b) was even recommended to us by Vinny.

The point of my (small but now overblown) point is that we scouted the wrong player and it was obvious who was the better player. It's no coincidence that the wrongs players scouted just like at Belgrade. Problem is the scout fucks off but leaves us with a player with 4 years left on 80k+bonus a week who we will inevitably lose on when we sell him. Whether we can afford to lose is irrelevant, I hate seeing the club lose out and this was poor scouting. On my word I said last season to Kneville Neville about him and said we should go for Witsel instead as Garcia was one dimensional and not good enough. How can I spot this but a scout on £million+ a year can't?

I see the manager evaluating him and perhaps giving him six months to find his feet.

And the thing is I agree with your overall points. You're just doing that thing that happens on here to many people where they get dug in and then make sweeping statements based on speculation... Whether it's good speculation or not is another matter.

Anyway, have a good night and enjoy the Confederations Cup.

NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:
NipHolmes said:

Because Nappy you are the font of all knowledge and ever fucker else knows nowt. (Well according to you anyway)

grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:
taconinja said:

Because Nappy you are the font of all knowledge and ever fucker else knows nowt. (Well according to you anyway)

Great post.

Bottler.

NipHolmes said:
grim up north said:
NipHolmes said:

Great post.

Bottler.

Plenty of time.

Can anyone see us keeping Javi as a back-up centre-back, now that Kolo is leaving?

He did well when he played there alongside Lescott and obviously, with Fernandinho coming in, his opportunities are going to be limited, especially if Rodwell stays fit.

And it would save us a considerable amount of money for squad strengthening elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.