Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You say we picked the wrong player when we got Savic. I guess all the other managers out there and the scouts are shit because Fioremtina bought him.
As for Witsel, i am not denying he is a very good player but unless you were involved in the negotiation process you can't really be talking like you are.

You have no idea if he wanted to join, how much we offered and how much he potentially turned down. If his family wanted to move to Manchester, if he even liked Mancini or X, Y and Z.

No one gets everything right so stop having a pop because it suits.
Every manager makes mistakes when they bring in players that they believe will be better than the alternatives out there.
Bacon face buying Veron, Guardiola buying Chrygrinksy (spelling mistake).

To all those doubting javi, I really hope he stays and does really good to prove you all wrong. I personally believe he will do well and I have faith in him.

IWasHere said:
To all those doubting javi, I really hope he stays and does really good to prove you all wrong. I personally believe he will do well and I have faith in him.
I hope so too, to be negative about any of our players is counter productive, he has plenty of experience he could be very valuable this season!

Reading through this thread it looks like the majority of the supporters have given up on him. If Pellegrini sees something worth keeping then I will back his judgement only.

IWasHere said:

Is it cos he's good looking. Because he's really shit at football.

IWasHere said:
I want the lad to be the next De Rossi or Alonso. He wears blue and i want the best for my club and the people that work here.

The problem is its not an ability problem with form, its fundamentals he lacks. Forlan was flopped from the rags yet became one of the best strikers in Europe when he went to Spain (notably under Pellegrini as it happens ;)) and its simply down to the way football is played here. The tempo makes him struggle, the game he's used to isn't this raw and powerful. He used to slower possession based football. I don't rate as a top player but he will do a good job in a decent side in Spain, Italy and Portugal. Just not here.

At 80kpw +bonus we need a better alternative. Rodwell, Milner, Fernandinho, Yaya and Barry all occupy roles here that Garcia is suited to. Even when dropped deeper into CB he will contend with Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Richards. He's coming up short again.

Better to cut losses, wish well and move on.

NipHolmes said:
IWasHere said:
I want the lad to be the next De Rossi or Alonso. He wears blue and i want the best for my club and the people that work here.

The problem is its not an ability problem with form, its fundamentals he lacks. Forlan was flopped from the rags yet became one of the best strikers in Europe when he went to Spain (notably under Pellegrini as it happens ;)) and its simply down to the way football is played here. The tempo makes him struggle, the game he's used to isn't this raw and powerful. He used to slower possession based football. I don't rate as a top player but he will do a good job in a decent side in Spain, Italy and Portugal. Just not here.

At 80kpw +bonus we need a better alternative. Rodwell, Milner, Fernandinho, Yaya and Barry all occupy roles here that Garcia is suited to. Even when dropped deeper into CB he will contend with Kompany, Nastasic, Lescott and Richards. He's coming up short again.

You sir, are correct.

This belief that he is used to a slow, unphysical, possesion based game is utter nonsense. He came to fame playing for Benfica, who don't remotely play like that. Despite the common belief, Portuguese football is nothing like Spanish football. They play all out attack with vast amounts of runners from midfield. He was at his best playing as the holder, giving Gaitan, Witsel, Salvio, Bruno Cesar and co the licence to fly forwards, along with both fullbacks. The problem he's had so far is that unlike Witsel, Yaya has made no attempt to get back or help out defensively, meaning he's gotten overloaded.

You simply cannot play a midfield 2 if one of them isn't defending, it will make the one player chasing shadows look poor, while the lazy guy is strolling around so far away from the play they avoid the blame. Let him play alongside someone with energy like Fernandinho, Rodwell or Milner, or play him in a midfield 3, then he can be a top player for us, but if we hang him out to dry playing in a two with Yaya then he'll get continue to get exposed

Mrmcfc said:
NipHolmes said:
IWasHere said:

You sir, are correct.

Yup. Hes nearly as pretty as RSC though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.