Javi Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Javi Garcia (merged)

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
That article is bullshit. He's slow so he isn't good enough.

Plenty of players are slow but have found a niche and defined that role.

Andrea Pirlo was too slow to play as an AM so reinvented himself as a regista.

Barry is and Van Bommel was slow but they where key in the bruiser roles. Javi Garcia should be in the squad for as long as he is at the club, if he goes though you have to replace him with a CDM, not box-to-box player. At least he is fit though, Rodwell can cover lots of ground but he is always injured.

BlueSiam said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

I agree. It's very eloquent but ultimately is just a writer trying to make a name for himself by defining Garcia's 'game' in a way no-one else has thought of.
He could just have said he helps the defense somewhat but contributes very little at all creatively!

Not eye catching but gives our creative players more licence to do the damage. Not as a regular starter but still can do a job. He is a threat from set pieces if required.

Ray78 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

In your opinion.

its a great article. by someone who knows what he,s talking about.
any city fan who was at stoke in the cup last season and watched garcia battle in central midfield,drop to centre half as cover and return to midfield,taking a nasty tackle in his stride to boot( an another at sunderland the other week-taking the knocks for the blue boys ) knows what garcia is all about.

i defy anyone who who was at stoke that day to say garcia cannot play football.

How old was Hamann when we signed him ? is there 1 person who can say Garcia offers more or does a better job than him ? is he quicker ? read the game better ? better passer of the ball ? more creative ? please tel me 1 thing he can do that a 34+ Hamann couldnt, then tel me why the fuck he should be anywhere near a team going for the title ?

dennishasdoneit said:
Ray78 said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:

In your opinion.

its a great article. by someone who knows what he,s talking about.
any city fan who was at stoke in the cup last season and watched garcia battle in central midfield,drop to centre half as cover and return to midfield,taking a nasty tackle in his stride to boot( an another at sunderland the other week-taking the knocks for the blue boys ) knows what garcia is all about.

i defy anyone who who was at stoke that day to say garcia cannot play football.

I was at Stoke that day and I think he's shit. He has had one or two decent games for us, Newcastle away last season and as you say Stoke in the cup but most of the rest of his performances have either been terrible or he has just been a passenger. You may think a couple of genuinely decent performances over 16 months shows he must be a decent player but for most people it just isn't enough. Maybe most people at Stoke wouldn't say that he cannot play football but I reckon the vast majority would say that he doesn't.

bluemc1 said:
How old was Hamann when we signed him ? is there 1 person who can say Garcia offers more or does a better job than him ? is he quicker ? read the game better ? better passer of the ball ? more creative ? please tel me 1 thing he can do that a 34+ Hamann couldnt, then tel me why the fuck he should be anywhere near a team going for the title ?

I'd rather have hamann at the age he is now. Garcia is a terrible player, he doesn't bring anything to our side. Don't think I've ever seen him make a positive forward pass. Without yaya and dinho we are poor in the middle of the park, although Milner could do a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.