Jay Slater (missing kid in Tenerife)

Yeah, I’d read it was an hour after when the first calls were made to report a potential issue. The amount of disinformation out there makes it a tough one to figure out.
Like you said earlier, a possible drugs issue is really muddying it.

Yeah the clumpers from island village (palmers rent a mob) made the whole of the Veronica’s / Starco areas moody as fuck. Throw in your Romanian/Albanian/ Moroccan dealers and pickpockets and the British gangsters (wannabe in many cases) and it was a melting pot of unsavoury cunts.
Went in Veronicas in my early twenties in late 80s. Stayed in about 5 minutes and never went near it the whole two weeks. Stayed in the bar below our hotel being entertained by Sidney Harbour and his wife, Pearl! Singers before anyone starts. ;).

Went in Veronicas in my early twenties in late 80s. Stayed in about 5 minutes and never went near it the whole two weeks. Stayed in the bar below our hotel being entertained by Sidney Harbour and his wife, Pearl! Singers before anyone starts. ;).
Was a bit before my time. The mood was good down there when I first arrived mid 90s but had definitely taken a turn for the worse by the late 90s early 2000’s.
Had become a free for all with pub crawls, booze cruises and the usual 18-30 nonsense but after the program ‘Tenerife uncovered’ was aired and showed the island in a really poor light (I was in it..haha!) the authorities had a proper clampdown and banned the 18-30s and a few others like Twenties and over the past 20 years has cleaned its act up mostly.
Still going to get the odd issue but there’s not a tourist destination on the planet that can fully escape the more unsavoury aspects.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.