Jeremie Frimpong

Our current team with Frimpong in would be great. Bernado playing out wide but allowing him to overlap and then move/cover centrally.

There is an argument if we sign Frimpong we don’t then need a winger.
He is low risk
If it doesn’t work out we can make our money back

He's not a right back. He's never seen right back at Leverkusen
He was during most of his first season at Leverkusen, as well as his time at Celtic and the majority of his youth career. Weird and incorrect to say he's "not a right back" or has never played there, just because he plays more advanced under Alonso.

I'm not saying we'd bring him in as a Walker replacement, and he's obviously better going forward than sitting back, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a lad who is still pretty young, is clearly versatile, and has spent several years of his life playing RB or RWB couldn't be trained by the world's best manager to play there again.

He was during most of his first season at Leverkusen, as well as his time at Celtic and the majority of his youth career. Weird and incorrect to say he's "not a right back" or has never played there, just because he plays more advanced under Alonso.

I'm not saying we'd bring him in as a Walker replacement, and he's obviously better going forward than sitting back, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a lad who is still pretty young, is clearly versatile, and has spent several years of his life playing RB or RWB couldn't be trained by the world's best manager to play there again.
And factor in he has world class CBs next to him and the best CDM in the world. He’ll be fine at right back. Might have a few tough games but if he has the correct attitude to listen to pep and adjust he’ll be great for us.

Walker is great defensively because of his pace and his general IQ. I know he’s struggled recently but I mean in terms of his overall time at City, he’s been world class and we couldn’t have done what we’ve done without him in my opinion.

Also Cancelo. Was great going forward and really made an impact but he was shite defensively and a arsehole who then got shipped off.

Frimpong would be fine at City.

I worry that he is going to be brilliant going forward but with a defensive skill of the likes of Sergio Gomez or Rico Lewis. Both are great at a lot of things, just not defending. Ideally, we should sign a right-back capable of defending, but time will tell what we want in the transfer market.
Don't really think we'll sign any fullback this year, unless it's Kimmich. I'm expecting our back 4 to be pretty much the same as this year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.