Jeremie Frimpong

I think people have misunderstood what I meant when I said he's not a right back.
He's not generally a right back at Leverkusen.
He plays high up the pitch in more of a wing back role.
I think had we had him recently, playing the role that Walker has played, he'd have been perfect for that system.

I am still very cautious with Frimpong. It could easily turn out another Angelino type of signing.

I think people have misunderstood what I meant when I said he's not a right back.
He's not generally a right back at Leverkusen.
He plays high up the pitch in more of a wing back role.
I think had we had him recently, playing the role that Walker has played, he'd have been perfect for that system.

He was a winger at ours as a youth player, he'd be a great wing back

I just think we’re gonna regret Kyle again next season mate? Don’t get me wrong, been a truly fantastic signing for club but time is time and I’m hoping that Saudi offer comes in and he takes it personally
as long as we get a RW think he's fine in the back line, its if he has to be the wide right output

Last edited:
Chance missed then at that release clause unfortunately! And he would have counted as homegrown , we got hoodwinked abit with a 3 year contract for Kyle
But he isn’t a Pep defender, we might change how we play a bit but Frimpong is very much a wing back and don’t see us playing like that.
We are fine with Walker Akanji and Lewis. May even end up with Kimmich and he’s much more a Pep fullback than Frimpong is.

Pep is a genius for so many reasons but one is his constant development of tactics. Although I agree it’s a big change from what we’ve seen if he feels we need a different direction going forward he will change it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.