Jeremie Frimpong

on paper yes, but we'd still not have enough game time to go around, no defenders are leaving, Stones will want to play more, Rico too. we can only name 20 on a match day, doubt we roll with 23 lads all needing time imo
It does depend on Walker going to some degree, but we are likely to need more cover next season, with it being 11 months long.

I don’t see Rico as ever being our long term right back, but it will depend on what Frimpong is happy with minutes wise.

Yes and with all the extra fixtures that is a major plus.
The other angle is that he is a regular in a successful side but wouldn’t likely be here.
Yep, that’s the key for Frimpong. I don’t know how his defending compares with Walker at a similar age and whether he has the capacity to get to Walker’s level of last season.

It does depend on Walker going to some degree, but we are likely to need more cover next season, with it being 11 months long.

I don’t see Rico as ever being our long term right back, but it will depend on what Frimpong is happy with minutes wise.
me either but still gonna have to find game time for him in the mix. Dont see the need or fit for Frimpong at all tbh, lots of better options if we need a RB

on paper yes, but we'd still not have enough game time to go around, no defenders are leaving, Stones will want to play more, Rico too. we can only name 20 on a match day, doubt we roll with 23 lads all needing time imo
We've been incredibly fortunate to get through last season with essentially just 6 defenders, It's about 3 light. Some teams had more than 6 defenders injured at once at times over the season.

Even if you throw lewis and gomez in as defenders which they're not, it's still light, most other squads have 8-10 defenders in their squad. Stones is unreliable with injuries, Walker is at a stage now where his game time needs to be managed, he just can't be playing every game anymore. There's not just plenty of space, but there's a strong need for defensive reinforcements.

I don't really think frimpong is the answer for us, just doesn't fit, he's more of a wing back. we've got Cuoto on the books still that we don't appear to be keen on integrating into the side despite interest from Madrid and we passed on bring Porro back last year, both of whom I'd categorise as similar in style hlto Frimpong, we definitely need reinforcements in that area though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.