Jeremie Frimpong

Get Ross Barclay, Buy James, Harvest Cancelo ?
There's an Oldham link there
Barclay James Harvest, what a line up lol.
On a more serious note seeing Frimpomgs name come up makes me think and its not a new subject but can we not re visit our policy on promising player retention.
I mean the story with Frimpong I think was moreorless Celtic liked the look of him in a youth friendly and we said give us a few quid and he can go back on the bus with you. That's a bit tongue in cheek.
But these are potentially 100m assets and its getting a bit of a regular occurrence.
I think the club should try to come up with a better way of controlling development. E.g At 18 put them in 4 categories;
Cat 1 - straight in first team squad e.g Foden, Lewis
Cat 2 - highly promising development loan maybe partner club abroad e.g Palmer, Frimpong, McAtee, review in 2/3 years
Cat 3 - useful pros loan with view to sale
Cat 4 - not really kicked on, support search for a suitable Club.

That's just a suggestion but there's huge money here and I'd like the club to see if they can do it better.

Barclay James Harvest, what a line up lol.
On a more serious note seeing Frimpomgs name come up makes me think and its not a new subject but can we not re visit our policy on promising player retention.
I mean the story with Frimpong I think was moreorless Celtic liked the look of him in a youth friendly and we said give us a few quid and he can go back on the bus with you. That's a bit tongue in cheek.
But these are potentially 100m assets and its getting a bit of a regular occurrence.
I think the club should try to come up with a better way of controlling development. E.g At 18 put them in 4 categories;
Cat 1 - straight in first team squad e.g Foden, Lewis
Cat 2 - highly promising development loan maybe partner club abroad e.g Palmer, Frimpong, McAtee, review in 2/3 years
Cat 3 - useful pros loan with view to sale
Cat 4 - not really kicked on, support search for a suitable Club.

That's just a suggestion but there's huge money here and I'd like the club to see if they can do it better.
We are making huge money on these players already. I don't see what the issue is.

What your not taking into consideration at all is that these lads are humans. They aren't just robots that we can turn on and off when we need them.

Finding a "highly promising development loan" is also a lot harder than it sounds. 99.9% of clubs aren't interested in doing us a favor and developing a player for one season knowing we will take them back and either use them or sell them for more money than they could imagine.
Even the likes of Troyes and Girona etc aren't just our play things, they are proper clubs with their own ambitions. Girona fans were furious with some of the players we had over there for a little while, I think the lads struggled to settle and the step up to even Spanish 2nd division was huge. Thankfully we have seemingly rectified it now but look at that team, majority is their own players and signings that they have made to develop in their own method.

We are making huge money on these players already. I don't see what the issue is.

What your not taking into consideration at all is that these lads are humans. They aren't just robots that we can turn on and off when we need them.

Finding a "highly promising development loan" is also a lot harder than it sounds. 99.9% of clubs aren't interested in doing us a favor and developing a player for one season knowing we will take them back and either use them or sell them for more money than they could imagine.
Even the likes of Troyes and Girona etc aren't just our play things, they are proper clubs with their own ambitions. Girona fans were furious with some of the players we had over there for a little while, I think the lads struggled to settle and the step up to even Spanish 2nd division was huge. Thankfully we have seemingly rectified it now but look at that team, majority is their own players and signings that they have made to develop in their own method.
Fair arguments.
I'd just like the club to be certain there is no better way.
We don't see the nitty gritty of course.
But Palmer for instance if you believe the chat wanted a loan and we said no. Could we really not use a bit more foresight than selling Frimpong on a whim for a few hundred thousand.
Can it be right that a few of them could be worth a few hundred million if developed in house.
I don't know, maybe it's just not possible but they are valuable assets of the club and that's the Directors legal requirement to protect the company's assets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.