Jeremy Doku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell us when and why you have watched Rennes play? I doubt you have ever watched a single minute of them live, just another purveyor of You Tube. Can you tell us about other promising players from the French League? Can you fuck, do you really think our management will recruit a player based on a few minutes of videos? It’s absolute bollocks posting as an “expert”, you know fuck all about him (I don’t either).
We recruited Samaras and Vuoso from videos but we have progressed a little since then.

It's funny, isn't it? Some people must do nothing else than watch football all day. The 'knowledge' they have of obscure players in obscure leagues (I'm not saying Doku fits this description) to be able to pass judgement must be second to none. Personally, I reckon loads of them get their opinions from YouTube compilations and Football Manager.
Guilty on the watching football (all day if I could) of ‘obscure’ leagues if you could call it that.

Bad to the point that I have a website I watch full match replays of some matches in different leagues when I can.

No, I don’t get out much. I just like football really but I hardly and try not to comment much if City ever get linked with some of these unknown players.

Am I football mad? Maybe.

Nonetheless, I count on Doku to cause mayhem with his ability :)

FA Cup Final
CL Final
CL home and away v Madrid
CL home and away v Bayern
City 4 Arsenal 1
City 6 United 3

Mahrez didn't start a single game of the above, so as much as I liked Mahrez there is a reason why Pep didn't start him in those games, so tbh mate , ill gladly give Doku a chance to show what he can do in a blue shirt.
Very interest and telling information, thank you.

Let's get in the real world, anyone who found Mahrez or Sterling frustrating, which is probably 90%.....are going to be hanging themselves after 45mins of Doku ;)
His end product currently makes Sterlings a combination of KDB , Haaland, and David Silva combined.
If he comes anywhere near achieving what Sterling and Mahrez did for us then you are going to look very silly. From what I’ve seen of this lad, before Pep makes him even better, you already do. 90% of City fans frustrated with Sterling and Mahrez, not even in the matchday thread was that statistic close

Leroy was mustard right from the start. I know, I know, there were matches where he had so little impact you'd forget he was there. But other matches where he lit up the stadium! Still love him for that last-minute goal against Liverpool which sealed their one defeat of the season. And, in effect, was one of the key goals that gave us the title.
I know — I need to let it go. I have done, but there's still the memories.
I know nothing whatsoever about this lad. But if he's two-thirds of the player that Leroy was at his best, I'm right behind him. There's nothing more exciting in football than having a genuinely fast winger who can go outside his man.

I think he will enjoy playing just wide of Bernie, if he starts on the right. Service will be spot on and always available for a slick one-two, inside or outside the FB.
This guy could be inside or OUTSIDE the stadium he's so predictably unpredictable.

Close the gates !!

Biggest interest is what his role will be in a Guardiola team.

As a non-French league watcher and thus relying on videos online he would drive Guardiola absolutely insane taking players on and risking the ball, so I imagine he will end up like Mahrez, cutting back inside when he gets it waiting for his runner and popping up with crucial goals via smart movement rather than getting people off their seats skinning full backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.