Jesus Navas - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed the radio 5Live commentary where at one point Alan "massive ****" Greene was ridiculing Guardiola for playing Navas at right back just for the sake of it and Keown just shut him up by saying he'd done well against Sanchez and Pep might have found a new RB.
This type of thinking, I.e. that a player should only play a position that they've been labeled in the fans head is white common here too.

Had Navas been the one who failed to follow the line out after a clearance instead of Clichy, folks would have argued that's why you shouldn't play a "non fullback" at the position. But seeing as it was a defender who screwed up, no one blames it on his lack of defensive knowledge.

That type of thinking annoys me because we know every footballer from high school knows to clear the box after a clearance. Sometimes a player fails to do so, but this has nothing to do with where he plays. Just a brain fart. Could happen to a striker, midfielder, or defender.

This type of thinking, I.e. that a player should only play a position that they've been labeled in the fans head is white common here too.

Had Navas been the one who failed to follow the line out after a clearance instead of Clichy, folks would have argued that's why you shouldn't play a "non fullback" at the position. But seeing as it was a defender who screwed up, no one blames it on his lack of defensive knowledge.

That type of thinking annoys me because we know every footballer from high school knows to clear the box after a clearance. Sometimes a player fails to do so, but this has nothing to do with where he plays. Just a brain fart. Could happen to a striker, midfielder, or defender.

What annoys me is that pundits and United fans think Mourinho is a genius for ostracising Luke Shaw and using Ashley Young there instead, but Guardiola doing it is seen as some unnecessary move to massage his ego.

What annoys me is that pundits and United fans think Mourinho is a genius for ostracising Luke Shaw and using Ashley Young there instead, but Guardiola doing it is seen as some unnecessary move to massage his ego.
Well that part is more Pep jealousy than anything :-) They hope he fails if he does it differently.

Just read this on Navas from Sunday,

Whilst looking through "The Scout" on the official Premier League Fantasy Football App, they mention about Navas that he contributed 9 "recoveries" & 8 successful tackles, 3 more than any other player in the league last weekend. He also provided 3 open play crosses & created 3 goal scoring opportunities

I'm not saying stick him your fantasy team or even he should play against Chelsea if Zabba is fit, but just back up what most have said that after a tough start on Sunday he got better.

When he's played Right Wing, there's an argument to say his defensive side has possible been better than his attacking side at times, one thing Navas does is work hard.

I'll be a tad sad to see him go as he always puts in a shift - but he hasn't fulfilled my expectations of his attacking / scoring potential. Such a frustrating player.

I'll be a tad sad to see him go as he always puts in a shift - but he hasn't fulfilled my expectations of his attacking / scoring potential. Such a frustrating player.
Very frustrating to say the least. Some of his decision making and his final ball are woeful despite him getting into great positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.