Jim Tolmie

baildon blue said:
Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
He's a taxi driver in Scotland.

Some images of the great man and his iconic hair:

$%28KGrHqZ,!h!E7Q2NzlfCBO8lnVm4NQ~~60_12.JPG

4979.jpg

Sadly his best hair days are behind him now...

2028904724.jpg
Blooming eck hes changed a lot loved him though.He was are answer to kevin keegan at newcastle.I remember him scoring a great goal at chelsea away.

I remember that goal too. i seem to recall we were second best all game then he scored from a free kick. At least thats how i remember it. its now getting a long time ago!

-- Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:59 pm --

He's a taxi driver in Scotland.

Some images of the great man and his iconic hair:

$%28KGrHqZ,!h!E7Q2NzlfCBO8lnVm4NQ~~60_12.JPG

4979.jpg

Sadly his best hair days are behind him now...

2028904724.jpg
Blooming eck hes changed a lot loved him though.He was are answer to kevin keegan at newcastle.I remember him scoring a great goal at chelsea away.

Some of the rubbish on here is amazing, jim is my brother and he doesnt have a drink problem lol, who makes this stuff up.

spam1967 said:
baildon blue said:
I remember him scoring a great goal at chelsea away.

Here it is at 2.28 secs:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5woKgDiwS3E[/youtube]

the only thing i can think of about him.

was it natural or a perm.

i'm going with a perm. only cos i've just seen taxidriver + drink problem + wrapover, similar to his ex-chairmans!

2028904724.jpg

1pib89.jpg

look at that twat niven!
He's got two ears on the right hand side of his head!

We owe a lot to Billy McNeill and Jim Tolmie.

When we got relegated in 1983 we had a poor squad, the better players left (e.g Corrigan) and the club was facing bankruptcy. We could easily have done a "Wolves" and slid right down the divisions.

McNeill did a hell of a job in actually making us promotion contenders when we could easily have got relegated again.

Tolmie and Parlane were a hell of a combination. Parlane was useles outside of the 6 yard box but alongside Tolmie he was lethal. Jim Tolmie had it all, including a haircit and a lifestyle. But in the grim 80s when we had to get used to playing the likes of Grimsby and Cambridge United he brought a touch of class to proceedings.

Inconsistent but genuine quality. I wish him well- he brightened up many
saturday afternoons.

@2 MINS 26 SECS ish

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/5woKgDiwS3E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/5woKgDiwS3E</a>

black mamba said:
Tolmie was such a talented player , a really good footballer ...... his partnership with Derek Parlane was a very effective one , full of goals.
Derek parlane's son lives in Manchester and goes in Colin bell lower now and again, seen Derek there an odd time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.