Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

FantasyIreland said:
So are the majority happy with the way Milner is conducting himself because it's his right? Are we happy that he is cynically refusing to confirm his intentions so as he can walk on a free if he so wishes?
I am amused that you seemingly fail to appreciate the irony of you talking about Milner's loyalty and yet you freely started a thread in the Transfer Forum called "The Deadwood".

gordondaviesmoustache said:
FantasyIreland said:
So are the majority happy with the way Milner is conducting himself because it's his right? Are we happy that he is cynically refusing to confirm his intentions so as he can walk on a free if he so wishes?
I am amused that you seemingly fail to appreciate the irony of you talking about Milner's loyalty and yet you freely started a thread in the Transfer Forum called "The Deadwood".

How would you have summarised the title of a thread that was made to discuss our players that were not getting game time and/or could be improved upon.

Regarding Milner,my bone of contention is his refusal to outline his intentions,we have treated him very very well and,although it is his 'right'....... I think it shows a lack of respect.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

How would you have summarised the title of a thread that was made to discuss our players that were not getting game time and/or could be improved upon.

Regarding Milner,my bone of contention is his refusal to outline his intentions,we have treated him very very well and,although it is his 'right'....... I think it shows a lack of respect.

You are making assumptions. As far as I recall Jimmys last comments were that he was waiting on the club to come back to him & that he wanted to stay. What gives you the right to state that he is showing a lack of respect? I'd say that applies to you because you are definitely not privy to any information on the state of negotiations.

CC1 said:
You are making assumptions. As far as I recall Jimmys last comments were that he was waiting on the club to come back to him & that he wanted to stay. What gives you the right to state that he is showing a lack of respect? I'd say that applies to you because you are definitely not privy to any information on the state of negotiations.

How long do negotiations take? He stated his concerns and they have been addressed.I would love him to stay and i'm convinced the club have made him a fantastic offer to that effect.

So,I guess only time will tell........but I am firmly of the belief he is playing us,which has led me to that 'assumption'.

FantasyIreland said:
"They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

Like it. Could be used for watching City down the years!

"It's making no sense
But we'll stay here till the end".

As for alternatives to deadwood.
Redundant would do it. Certainly not 'deadwood' as that refers to something/someone useless but which cannot be got rid of.

The Light Was Yellow said:
FantasyIreland said:
"They Shoot Horses, Don't They?"

Like it. Could be used for watching City down the years!

"It's making no sense
But we'll stay here till the end".

As for alternatives to deadwood.
Redundant would do it. Certainly not 'deadwood' as that refers to something/someone useless but which cannot be got rid of.

In the eyes of our manager,that describes Sinclair and Nastasic perfectly does it not?

FantasyIreland said:
No. I would not be happy with Milner's behaviour if he walked away on a free.

As a fan my primary interest is that of the club, not the interests of any individual player. If there is a clash between what is best for the club, and what the player may consider his own best interests, then I will always support the club.

In this case Milner let it be known that he wanted more playing time. He has received that and yet continues to drag his heels. Milner is aware that he is a valuable commodity, in a situation where the club has struggled with FFP. He knows that we could probably get 10million for him on the open market. That's money that the club needs in the current climate.

So I do find it disappointing that the majority would appear to side with Milner rather than the interests of the club.

In my opinion if Milner walks away then it is a slap in the face for our club. In that scenario I would be happy for Milner to sit on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Stevie Starfish has announced his retirement, and suddenly there is a vacancy at Dipperland.

Milner may have been tapped up by the dippers. But in my opinion he would be crazy to go to a second rate team like them.

FantasyIreland said:
FantasyIreland said:

His intentions are none of our business if he's having a good long think about it. It's his life. He owes nobody an explanation until the club say "right James, let's have an answer from you on xxxdate at xxxtime".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.