Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Those saying he's being disrespectful are ignoring the fact that he's respected his contract, which is all the club could reasonably ask him to do imo.

In its most simplistic form,i agree.

And I accept,on that level,he owes us nothing,however......i like to 'treat as I find' in life so,while certain players may have a genuine gripe with their treatment while under contract and subsequently act accordingly.........i feel Jimmy has enjoyed a very privileged lifestyle here and I would have expected a man with his apparent honesty to be conducting himself in a more dignified manner,and one that reflects such. .

FantasyIreland said:
Those saying he's being disrespectful are ignoring the fact that he's respected his contract, which is all the club could reasonably ask him to do imo.

In its most simplistic form,i agree.

And I accept,on that level,he owes us nothing,however......i like to 'treat as I find' in life so,while certain players may have a genuine gripe with their treatment while under contract and subsequently act accordingly.........i feel Jimmy has enjoyed a very privileged lifestyle here and I would have expected a man with his apparent honesty to be conducting himself in a more dignified manner,and one that reflects such. .
You can take the boy out of Yorkshire........

;-)

I keep hearing this bullshit about 'the club owe it to him', or 'he's been a loyal servant', or 'he owes the club, and fans, something as they've looked after him' etc, etc, etc.

Players are paid a phenomenal wage, and are looked after like no other profession. We owe him fuck all, and he owes us fuck all. If he asks for more than the club think he's worth, then he moves on, and he's within his rights to do that. I don't know if it has been gone through on here, but someone needs to ask why his contract has been allowed to get to this late stage anyway -I'd imagine it's because he doesn't get enough game time, but that's because the manager doesn't/didn't think he was good enough.

However, all that said, if his contract is allowed to expire, we'll get slaughtered for paying a shit load for a sub who we then allow to go for fuck all.

malg said:
I keep hearing this bullshit about 'the club owe it to him', or 'he's been a loyal servant', or 'he owes the club, and fans, something as they've looked after him' etc, etc, etc.

Players are paid a phenomenal wage, and are looked after like no other profession. We owe him fuck all, and he owes us fuck all. If he asks for more than the club think he's worth, then he moves on, and he's within his rights to do that. I don't know if it has been gone through on here, but someone needs to ask why his contract has been allowed to get to this late stage anyway -I'd imagine it's because he doesn't get enough game time, but that's because the manager doesn't/didn't think he was good enough.

However, all that said, if his contract is allowed to expire, we'll get slaughtered for paying a shit load for a sub who we then allow to go for fuck all.

Agree with all this. As I said previously we don’t know what he is asking for or what is being offered. It might suit all parties if he just goes as we have to live within squad list limitations and FFP related stuff. We don’t know who is coming in this summer and who else is going out.

I fully trust the club to make decisions based on the bigger picture and I respect JM for what he has done and how he is handling himself in his final year i.e. no nonsense in the press and playing with as much determination and commitment as anyone (and with a lot more than many other who have worn the shirt over the years). No issue with Jimmy, no issue with the club, hope they work things out but good luck to him if he goes.

Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

He will at least get a 3rd more in wages in what we are offering if he goes to Liverpool and probably an extra year contract also, so you can see why he is holding out. Someone posted that they spoke to him and he said it's up to city now. So he knows whats on offer else where...

I disagree. Players that respect their clubs sign contracts when they are offered, especially when concerns regarding playing time have been addressed. To run down a contract with a club that has been good to a player and delivered that player lots of silverware, and then bugger off on a free to a rival club, is the act of a twat as far as I'm concerned.

hgblue said:

I disagree. Players that respect their clubs sign contracts when they are offered, especially when concerns regarding playing time have been addressed. To run down a contract with a club that has been good to a player and delivered that player lots of silverware, and then bugger off on a free to a rival club, is the act of a twat as far as I'm concerned.

I was a little more polite but same reply:-)

hgblue said:

By running his contract down, I assume you mean complying with its terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.