Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Re: Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

It's a sad fact that players are now just mercenaries. They will switch allegiances faster than an Italian in battle.
Money is what he wants! We either pay up and retain his services or play him into the ground and then shift him on.

If Milner being coy and perhaps deliberately avoiding publicly stating his intentions makes him a twat, what does that make the club with regards to the Lampard deal?

Details about his initial deal conveniently only came out AFTER the extension. Are those in charge of that deal a bunch of twats for keeping their cards close to their chest?

rnblade said:
It's a sad fact that players are now just mercenaries. They will switch allegiances faster than an Italian in battle.
Money is what he wants! We either pay up and retain his services or play him into the ground and then shift him on.

chances are he aint a gonna get any more money from other clubs then he is with us. He's been with us for what 4 years ? not exactly switching allegiances fast is it. He's been a great player for us and if he decides to leave thats up to him.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
rnblade said:

chances are he aint a gonna get any more money from other clubs then he is with us. He's been with us for what 4 years ? not exactly switching allegiances fast is it. He's been a great player for us and if he decides to leave thats up to him.

Its five season now isn't it including this one.

He will get more money because the money that would have been used to buy him will be going to him or at least some of it. He may even accept a pay cut but receive a huge signing on fee instead.

Personally I can't understand it. He gets games, he wins trophies, he is well liked by the fans and he now trains everyday at the best training facilities in the country. I still think he has unfinished business with us and could go on to be a three or even four times premier league title winner. Not many players can say that and who knows even a CL winner in the next few years.

I also think his abilities are complemented by the skills of the players around him. Take those away and he may not do as well. Playing alongside the likes of Henderson, Sturridge Lucas and Allen at Liverpool for example is a bit different to playing alongside Yaya/Silva, Aguero and Nasri each week. Arsenal may suit him better as some of their players are as technically gifted as ours but I'm not convinced he is a Wenger type player. I think if he doesn't sign, Liverpool, possibly as Gerrard's replacement in central midfield, could be his destination but for me its not a good move for him or Liverpool particularly, especially if he is a Gerrard replacement. I think Liverpool could slide further away once he goes.

If he does go, I won't hold it against him because that is football nowadays and he has always given his all for us. Personally I think we will have had his best years as he is not as gifted as the likes of Lampard and Gerrard and therefore for me wont be able to stay at the top level for more than the next 2/3 years.

Having to replace him is the pisser especially if we need to buy home grown.

Right then..
Give him until the 15th January and if he has not signed the contract then fuck him of to the Minihad for the rest of the season.
It's also quite apparent that Milner has only shown promise in the last 6 months of a 5 year contract.

DTKOAG said:
Right then..
Give him until the 15th January and if he has not signed the contract then fuck him of to the Minihad for the rest of the season.
It's also quite apparent that Milner has only shown promise in the last 6 months of a 5 year contract.

He hasonly played 2 games in that last 6 months yet, so that's hardly true, he was also fantastic last season and in 2012, so to be perfectly honest, you're talking out of your arse.

DTKOAG said:
Right then..

Which has nothing to do with him finally being given a good run of games

"Joleon Lescott keen to pen new contract at Manchester City - but insists there will be no hard feelings if he is no longer wanted"
Joleon Lescott wants to stay and fight for his place at Manchester City but claims he won't be bitter if they don’t offer him a new deal.
Lescott’s contract expires next summer and the England defender would love to remain at the Etihad Stadium.
However the centre-half will be 32 then and knows the club may not want to keep him on.
“I want to stay and be part of the future,” said Lescott. “But I understand there’s the business side of it and if it’s not to be, I will walk away from the club with my head held high and no regrets. Nothing would please me more than to sign an extension. If that negotiation ever happens, I will be there with my pen ready to sign.”
(Daily Mirror, September, 2013)

Milner fulfills his contract to the letter, helps us win loads of silverware and perhaps declines to sign an extension = mercenary twat. Lescott fulfills his contract, helps win loads of silverware ... and is shown the door when he desperately wants an extension = what exactly? Callous twats in charge? Ungrateful twats in charge? Or simply that the club honoured the contract and decided not to renew it?

Milner's next contract, at 29, may well be his last significant contract. He's at the height of his bargaining powers right now ... and if he isn't careful he ends up being a 32-year-old Lescott, dropped from England contention because he can't get a regular run of games at the club and then shown the door at the end of his contract, where his options then are take the kids out of school while he plays in Turkey, or battle relegation with a QPR or WBA.

I genuinely hope Milner gets the deal he wants and that involves him staying at City ... but if feels he has to move on, best of luck to a lad who has been been great for us.

chris85mcfc said:
DTKOAG said:
Right then..

He's been given a good run of games because he's playing out of the position that we signed him for.
You telling me that if Aguero was fit that Milner would of still played in them games ??

DTKOAG said:
chris85mcfc said:
DTKOAG said:
Right then..

He's been given a good run of games because he's playing out of the position that we signed him for.
You telling me that if Aguero was fit that Milner would of still played in them games ??

He was playing well before Aguero got injured

Yes im telling you that if Aguero would have been fit then Milner would have been elsewhere on the pitch, just like he was before Sergio got injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.