Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Plain Speaking said:
Not ideal I realise, but perhaps sign by a certain date or we look to sell and get a replacement?
(Part ex for Barkley?)

While I don't fault your enthusiasm, why would anybody buy him from us? His contract is up this summer. Unless he agreed to a new deal immediately with that new club, they would be buying on a hope and a prayer and the amount we would get for him would be negligible. Selling him would put the hurt on us for the rest of the 2014/15 campaign as he's just so damn versatile. I even if we were able to bring in Barkley (which I doubt we could afford), how long until he would really be dependable with the change of teams, tactics, etc. Look at how long it took MDM to settle in and he was very familiar with the style of play already.

I guess I'm not willing to put more risk on this season just to try and make a small amount in selling a player 5 months early.

Jimmy's problem for Jimmy IS his versatility.It is also a bonus for him in that he will get more game time filling a variety of positions. Unless he moves to another top four club or abroad it will be a step down to leave us.If he does he will probably find himself in exactly the same position there as he does here.A good utility man and used tactically and to fill in for injured players.I think if he thinks otherwise he will find out differently.

Unfortunately, The Times is reporting that Milner has "informed his City team mates that there's little chance of him staying at the club, after City haven't improved on their previous contract offer."

Re: Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

The Mail are reporting that City are confident he'll sign. Sadly, The Times tend to be more reliable.

Shame but life goes on. There are no doubts we will give him a proper send off.

At least he can't do a lampard and propel them to be a title contender with that squad.

Losing Milner will no doubt force us into paying out for an overpriced Englishman.

If so Sterling or Barkely should be the ones, if not let's promote a kid.

Hindsight and all that but I've got to lay blame with the board if this happens. No player should get to 1 September on the last year of their contract. Either re-sign them that summer, or sell them.

Still hope we work something out, though I can see him as a direct replacement for Gerrard at Liverpool, if his ambition's gone now that he's won the domestic lot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.