Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

cleavers said:
Ric said:
The MEN tweeted that Pellegrini "expects" Milner to sign, which got people excited. In reality, he says no such thing. There is a big difference between "expects" and "hopes". I imagine he's been hoping that Milner signs a new deal for the last 6 months. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, although obviously I hope it does.
To be honest, I doubt MP is really that bothered.

Milner is a decent squad player, but he's not much more, personally I hope he signs up, but if he doesn't I won't lose a lot of sleep about it.

I agree. We have gott over losing Lescott, Barry amd NDJ etc and done better than OK.

It would be a shame to lose Jimmy whose played well over the second half of his contract. However, he may be asking too much and we might be able to find a replacement who can chip in with a few more goals!

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
grim up north said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Because you have to factor in the cost of a replacement. We'd spend way more than £8m on someone new, for the extra £2m a year (and I'm guessing) Milner's asking.

Depends who his replacement is
Well if it means the like of Koke or Pogba in summer unfortunately we'd have to let Jimmy go.

he will know we are in for one of these players. he can see less playing time and so less money. ok no trophies but liverpool will give him both game time and the dosh.

Ricster said:
Ric said:
Latest quotes from Milner (apologies if already posted):

“I hope it will be sorted. We're still in talks. I'm waiting for the club to come back and hopefully they will soon”

"But the main thing is to concentrate on football. There are so many games coming up. If I'm not doing my job on the field because of off-field stuff then that's no good.

"So I let others take care of it. I just concentrate on football."

Maybe Jimmy should have a chat with his agent then. When it all came out about Milners contract, Milner specified playing time being the main problem.
Yet since season 12/13 he has played the following total minutes
12/13 - 2346
13/14 - 2343, with a marked increase in Champions League football.
14/15 - Already this season, Jimmy has played 1513 minutes of football, and more Champions League football than any other season in the competition.

If what Milner said was true, there is no reason why he won't be committing his future to City. If not, I can't wait for the meltdown.

There is the amount of playing time Milner has had since he joined City.
If he carries on playing the amount he has done, he will have played more time in a City shirt this season, than in his previous 2.

But it's not about money..........of course not Jimmy

Ricster said:
Ricster said:
Ric said:
Latest quotes from Milner (apologies if already posted):

Maybe Jimmy should have a chat with his agent then. When it all came out about Milners contract, Milner specified playing time being the main problem.
12/13 - 2346
14/15 - Already this season, Jimmy has played 1513 minutes of football, and more Champions League football than any other season in the competition.

If what Milner said was true, there is no reason why he won't be committing his future to City. If not, I can't wait for the meltdown.

If he carries on playing the amount he has done, he will have played more time in a City shirt this season, than in his previous 2.

Playing devil's advocate for a minute though, he knows his minutes at City are as a bit part player, filling in for injuries etc.

Maybe he just thinks he's capable of being a team's first choice midfielder.

Rammy Blue said:
Ricster said:
Ricster said:
12/13 - 2346

Playing devil's advocate for a minute though, he knows his minutes at City are as a bit part player, filling in for injuries etc.

Think your 100% right.jimmy will get game time but will never be classed as first choice on a REGULAR basis.add to that constant links to pogba,draxler,Barclay etc.
If its going to be a bonus related contract he could just end up being a multi millionare each year as opposed to being a multi multi millionaire like the rest of them.
Bless

mrtwiceaseason said:
Rammy Blue said:
Ricster said:

Think your 100% right.jimmy will get game time but will never be classed as first choice on a REGULAR basis.add to that constant links to pogba,draxler,Barclay etc.
If its going to be a bonus related contract he could just end up being a multi millionare each year as opposed to being a multi multi millionaire like the rest of them.
Bless

It must be hell, don't know how they sleep at night with the worry.

He thinks he should be ahead of Navas & or Nasri, that is his issue imo, not the other midfielders. This season he has a good argument.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.