Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Sunny Coast Blue said:
He thinks he should be ahead of Navas & or Nasri, that is his issue imo, not the other midfielders. This season he has a good argument.

When did he tell you that.

Academica said:
Sunny Coast Blue said:
He thinks he should be ahead of Navas & or Nasri, that is his issue imo, not the other midfielders. This season he has a good argument.

When did he tell you that.

Milner's on record as saying that he moved to City to play central midfield, and also that he believes that is his best position. I suspect that this is the root of his eyeing up Liverpool. I do wonder though how long before Brenda asks Jimmy to play right wing back! I do think that his versatility will hinder his desire to play in one position regularly whether he stays at City or moves.

He might want to play centre mid but he lacks the quality to play there on a regular basis because he gives the ball away too much. Mancini, Pellers and even Hodgson with such average central players at his disposal won't play him there. Great squad player without a doubt but I doubt he'll stay an automatic choice for too long even at Liverpool If he goes to them.

Ric said:
The MEN tweeted that Pellegrini "expects" Milner to sign, which got people excited. In reality, he says no such thing. There is a big difference between "expects" and "hopes". I imagine he's been hoping that Milner signs a new deal for the last 6 months. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, although obviously I hope it does.
You hope it does, or you expect it does?

Milner will get regular starts at most teams outside of the top 4. It's just not something we can offer.
We can't offer it to number of our players, but that doesn't mean he's not valued.

I can understand his frustration, but I don't think he'll enjoy as much success (and pay) anywhere else. It's not like he's frozen out or the fans are disgruntled with him.

If he moves on, so be it. We could do with a few more like him, not less but nobody is bigger than the club and we will get by.
We say goodbye to every player in the end don't we?

Hope he comes to his senses though and sticks around.

FanchesterCity said:
Milner will get regular starts at most teams outside of the top 4. It's just not something we can offer.
We can't offer it to number of our players, but that doesn't mean he's not valued.

I can understand his frustration, but I don't think he'll enjoy as much success (and pay) anywhere else. It's not like he's frozen out or the fans are disgruntled with him.

If he moves on, so be it. We could do with a few more like him, not less but nobody is bigger than the club and we will get by.

With the news that Nasri is out for a month and with Yaya away at the AFCON, we will soon see how his status at City now stands following his contract talks 'breakdown'.

I'm no cynic said:
FanchesterCity said:

With the news that Nasri is out for a month and with Yaya away at the AFCON, we will soon see how his status at City now stands following his contract talks 'breakdown'.

good shout.

I'm no cynic said:
FanchesterCity said:

He will play definitely, but maybe he is looking at next season. If we go out and buy a Reus or Lacazette just to name two examples his game time reduces once again.

If he has not signed by the end of the month he isn't going to if you ask me.

de niro said:
I'm no cynic said:
FanchesterCity said:

good shout.

Good point. Doubt we'll allow him to leave in January now. Which means he either signs or we lose him for nothing in the summer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.