Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

sam-caddick said:
I'm no cynic said:
FanchesterCity said:
Milner will get regular starts at most teams outside of the top 4. It's just not something we can offer.
We can't offer it to number of our players, but that doesn't mean he's not valued.

I can understand his frustration, but I don't think he'll enjoy as much success (and pay) anywhere else. It's not like he's frozen out or the fans are disgruntled with him.

If he moves on, so be it. We could do with a few more like him, not less but nobody is bigger than the club and we will get by.
We say goodbye to every player in the end don't we?

Hope he comes to his senses though and sticks around.
With the news that Nasri is out for a month and with Yaya away at the AFCON, we will soon see how his status at City now stands following his contract talks 'breakdown'.

He will play definitely, but maybe he is looking at next season. If we go out and buy a Reus or Lacazette just to name two examples his game time reduces once again.

If he has not signed by the end of the month he isn't going to if you ask me.
This.

I really like Jimmy, but when everyone is fit, in his heart of hearts he knows where he stands and that's as one of our back up players. Its a shame because away in Europe his energy & defensive capabilities are invaluable.

He's cracking on in age & already a millionaire with an FA Cup medal, League Cup medal & 2 Premier League medals so perhaps he just wants to be the main midfield man in a team who have the ability to challenge & where he is almost guaranteed a start.

TBH, could anyone blame him if he ran his contract down for those reasons at this stage of his career?

Dribble said:
sam-caddick said:
I'm no cynic said:
With the news that Nasri is out for a month and with Yaya away at the AFCON, we will soon see how his status at City now stands following his contract talks 'breakdown'.

He will play definitely, but maybe he is looking at next season. If we go out and buy a Reus or Lacazette just to name two examples his game time reduces once again.

This.

I really like Jimmy, but when everyone is fit, in his heart of hearts he knows where he stands and that's as one of our back up players. Its a shame because away in Europe his energy & defensive capabilities are invaluable.

He's cracking on in age & already a millionaire with an FA Cup medal, League Cup medal & 2 Premier League medals so perhaps he just wants to be the main midfield man in a team who have the ability to challenge & where he is almost guaranteed a start.

TBH, could anyone blame him if he ran his contract down for those reasons at this stage of his career?

Let's hope the rest of the squad don't think the same way.

Academica said:
Dribble said:
sam-caddick said:

This.

Let's hope the rest of the squad don't think the same way.
Good point. There are probably about half a dozen players who would be regarded as automatic selections, the rest of the squad have to work for their places and if they aren't prepared to fight for a place in the team, we would soon be in a fine mess.

rnblade said:
He's the same as all footballer these days ..... Mercenary!

He is and with these homegrown rules he knows his value to clubs has increased hugely!

Every fucking fair play rule that comes in doesn't make anything fairer. It just gives players more power.

Real financial fair play would be telling all clubs that they can only spend £50m a season maximum and all have a wage cap of whatever it has to be. This could be implemented in 5 years time to give everyone time to get used to it.

I wonder if the cartel would agree to that? I suppose we wouldn't either!

I think he'd be brilliant at Liverpool in the Gerard role, and if that's where he ends up - as I have a suspicion it might be - then I will wish him all the best.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
rnblade said:
He's the same as all footballer these days ..... Mercenary!

He is and with these homegrown rules he knows his value to clubs has increased hugely!

Every fucking fair play rule that comes in doesn't make anything fairer. It just gives players more power.

Real financial fair play would be telling all clubs that they can only spend £50m a season maximum and all have a wage cap of whatever it has to be. This could be implemented in 5 years time to give everyone time to get used to it.

I wonder if the cartel would agree to that? I suppose we wouldn't either!

More importantly, the players, agents and European Courts wouldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.