Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Chippy_boy said:
I think he'd be brilliant at Liverpool in the Gerard role, and if that's where he ends up - as I have a suspicion it might be - then I will wish him all the best.

Milner isn't Gerrard although I do think he could do a job in his place until Liverpool find a long term replacement for Gerrard.

In my opinion Dele Alli could become a Gerrard replacement, he looks like a very bright talent.

I would put Milner in over Henderson.

Chippy_boy said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
rnblade said:
He's the same as all footballer these days ..... Mercenary!

He is and with these homegrown rules he knows his value to clubs has increased hugely!

Every fucking fair play rule that comes in doesn't make anything fairer. It just gives players more power.

Real financial fair play would be telling all clubs that they can only spend £50m a season maximum and all have a wage cap of whatever it has to be. This could be implemented in 5 years time to give everyone time to get used to it.

I wonder if the cartel would agree to that? I suppose we wouldn't either!

More importantly, the players, agents and European Courts wouldn't.
It wouldn't work anyway. As we learn from Italian clubs, many deals will only go through on a loan plus option basis, or a loan plus obligatory fee on a staged payment basis, probably based on performance statistics. There is also the likelihood that players wages would be topped up with sponsorships, these being greater at clubs with a greater chance of achieving success. A bit extreme perhaps, but if City and Burnley were in the market for the same player and with both clubs willing to pay the same fee and the same wage, that player would always choose City because the success factor would attract more sponsorships, and that is something that UEFA could have no control over.

I'm no cynic said:
Chippy_boy said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
He is and with these homegrown rules he knows his value to clubs has increased hugely!

Every fucking fair play rule that comes in doesn't make anything fairer. It just gives players more power.

Real financial fair play would be telling all clubs that they can only spend £50m a season maximum and all have a wage cap of whatever it has to be. This could be implemented in 5 years time to give everyone time to get used to it.

I wonder if the cartel would agree to that? I suppose we wouldn't either!

More importantly, the players, agents and European Courts wouldn't.
It wouldn't work anyway. As we learn from Italian clubs, many deals will only go through on a loan plus option basis, or a loan plus obligatory fee on a staged payment basis, probably based on performance statistics. There is also the likelihood that players wages would be topped up with sponsorships, these being greater at clubs with a greater chance of achieving success. A bit extreme perhaps, but if City and Burnley were in the market for the same player and with both clubs willing to pay the same fee and the same wage, that player would always choose City because the success factor would attract more sponsorships, and that is something that UEFA could have no control over.

99% of the time they would.
Didn't stop Shearer turning Ferguson down. Once in a bluemoon, there's the odd exception where a player takes the less trodden path!

Hope City have got him to sign the contract so we can receive a decent fee for him in the very near future. Not brave enough to come out and catch it and drops too many clangers way too often. We'll never win the CL with him between the sticks. Hugo Lloris please!

it's time to cash in on Milner. he gives 100% but he clearly has no intention of signing a new contract and to get everyone off our back over FFP ,look at the photo ,its a when can i leave look, we should try and get as much as we can this month rather than letting him go for free in the summer.

JS54819410.jpg

I am Milner's biggest fan, but other players must be frustrated that he's starting when he looks a certainty to be leaving (whether in Jan or at the end of the season).
I would love to see him stay, but he said it was about game time and he's had that so why has he not signed?
With FFP about we'd be better picking up £5-7m (?) now than nowt in the summer.

If he doesnt sign until end of January I dont think he will later...

Also Pelle said recently he expects this deal in a few days.

Even tho he is a very useful player I dont think Pelle/Txiki would care much about him if he wasnt English. I mean that this quota things makes Milner lot more valuable than his skills would make him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.