Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

He's taking the piss.
I've no problem with him looking after number one but he needs to grow a pair and inform the clubso they can plan ahead.We,the supporters,also deserve a bit of respect.

He's in danger of tainting an excellent reputation.

Damocles said:
Mister Appointment said:
I realise there's much love for Milner on the forum but right now I can't stand the sight of the twat. He's well overrated, is fucking off on a free in the summer, and frankly, his performance yesterday was the kind of gashness which shouldn't even be at Anfield let alone the Etihad. Wouldn't have been out of place in a crap relegation threatened team like Sunderland.

Refreshing if exaggerated post. I've stayed out of this thread because whilst Milner has his uses as a squad player, the wankfest that is built around him is strange and I don't share that view of him. He has that desirable Typically English trait of "runs around a lot" and "doesn't wear gloves like a tart" which I think gives him more popularity than his actual talent deserves.

He does everything well but nothing excellently. I have no problem keeping him as a squad player or letting him go as when you rank our players in terms of importance to us, he's probably a bit down that list.

He's not a Scott Sinclair who I actively want out of the club but more like a Kolarov who I can take or leave and think is too inconsistent for a first team place at a club challenging for the CL. Successive managers seem to agree.

I agree with you. He's an odd player, he is overrated by many because he is English and underrated by many as well because technically he is shown up at times with us having so many genuine quality players. I still think accusations of downing tools are incredibly unfair at this point though.

Damocles said:
Mister Appointment said:
I realise there's much love for Milner on the forum but right now I can't stand the sight of the twat. He's well overrated, is fucking off on a free in the summer, and frankly, his performance yesterday was the kind of gashness which shouldn't even be at Anfield let alone the Etihad. Wouldn't have been out of place in a crap relegation threatened team like Sunderland.

Refreshing if exaggerated post. I've stayed out of this thread because whilst Milner has his uses as a squad player, the wankfest that is built around him is strange and I don't share that view of him. He has that desirable Typically English trait of "runs around a lot" and "doesn't wear gloves like a tart" which I think gives him more popularity than his actual talent deserves.

He does everything well but nothing excellently. I have no problem keeping him as a squad player or letting him go as when you rank our players in terms of importance to us, he's probably a bit down that list.

He's not a Scott Sinclair who I actively want out of the club but more like a Kolarov who I can take or leave and think is too inconsistent for a first team place at a club challenging for the CL. Successive managers seem to agree.

Inconsistency has always been Jimmy's problem. He can put in a 9/10 performance once a month, but after that it'll be successive 5/10 performances which simply isn't good enough.

As I say if he'd signed a new contract it'd be different because as a squad player backing up our better players he's very important. He's also important precisely because he's English. However the flipside of all that is that being that he hasn't signed the contract and is probably headed to Liverpool on a free, his brain dead performances between now and the end of the season will and should be highlighted.

Honestly yesterday he didn't even do his usual headless chicken running around for 45 minutes. He genuinely looked to me like he wasn't that arsed about his performance. Hence I feel like he's mentally checked out already.

Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Chippy_boy said:
Puzzling post.

You say MDM didn't have a poor game and yet you say he gave the ball away 5 times in the opening 20 minutes (more than 1 of which caused us to come under serious pressure.)

It was in response to the post he was the worst player on the pitch. Only Clichy came out of yesterday with any in the credit in the bank for me.

As I have stated, there were fundamental reasons for why Demichelis was poor.

And isn't that the point. Nearly all of them were pretty terrible yesterday. So to use that game as a basis to assert that one player has downed tools is at best ridiculously premature.

There were no mitigating excuses for Milner to 'perform' the way he did yesterday. At no stage did he even attempt to cover Clichy trying to break forward.

I think we are all debating varying shades of poor. I certainly saw poor players trying.

I also watched a poor James Milner not applying himself, outside of one Kamikaze closing down of a goalkeeper. The irony being, it's his workrate which he is lauded for.

Coupled with his contract situation, his focus is clearly not where we need it to be and I just felt he downed tools after about half an hour.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It was in response to the post he was the worst player on the pitch. Only Clichy came out of yesterday with any in the credit in the bank for me.

As I have stated, there were fundamental reasons for why Demichelis was poor.

And isn't that the point. Nearly all of them were pretty terrible yesterday. So to use that game as a basis to assert that one player has downed tools is at best ridiculously premature.

There were no mitigating excuses for Milner to 'perform' the way he did yesterday. At no stage did he even attempt to cover Clichy trying to break forward.

I think we are all debating varying shades off poor. I certainly saw poor players trying.

I also watched a poor James Milner not applying himself, outside of one Kamikaze closing down of a goalkeeper. The irony being, it's his workrate which he is lauded for.

Coupled with his contract situation, his focus is clearly not where we need it to be and I felt he downed tools after about half an hour.

Time will tell, I'm not one of those who thinks Milner is utterly wonderful, although I do think we can at times look a better balanced team with him in it in some situations but I would be genuinely shocked if he does effectively pack it in. He has always come across to me as a genuinely decent pro.

Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lancet Fluke said:

I think we are all debating varying shades off poor. I certainly saw poor players trying.

Coupled with his contract situation, his focus is clearly not where we need it to be and I felt he downed tools after about half an hour.

Time will tell, I'm not one of those who thinks Milner is utterly wonderful, although I do think we can at times look a better balanced team with him in it in some situations but I would be genuinely shocked if he does effectively pack it in. He has always come across to me as a genuinely decent pro.

I agree, there are certain games in the season when I want to see him in the team.

They tend to be more like United, Chelsea and Liverpool away, though.

Jack of all trades, master of none?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Lancet Fluke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I agree, there are certain games in the season when I want to see him in the team.

They tend to be more like United, Chelsea and Liverpool away, though.

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Yup. I have consistently said that he is the most overrated (by his own supporters) player in the team.

He is useful because he is a utility players but his main role - at City - is a wide midfielder and we can find greater quality elsewhere; unfortunately, we won't be able to defray part of the transfer fee with funds received fro Milner and that is the great pity.

Should we now be thinking of giving him a deadline before withdrawing the contract offer and allow him to leave?

FantasyIreland said:
Should we now be thinking of giving him a deadline before withdrawing the contract offer and allow him to leave?

Personally I think should call his bluff and demand he either signs a new contract or finds a club willing to pay a transfer fee this window. Otherwise he trains alone until he leaves on a free. I know it'll never happen but that would be my way of dealing with Mr Milner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.