Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Maybe someone with more knowledge than I can answer this:

Why are folk suggesting we sell Milner now, when he is almost certain to reject any moves at this juncture? Moving now would remove his option of being a free agent and thus remove any potential bargaining power with regard to a huge signing on fee and wages. Surely, him being available on a free would make him a more attractive proposition to potential suitors.

I am sure he will not move now when City will want a fee. Unless of course it isn't all about the money and he wants regular playing time.

And I wholeheartedly agree with those saying he was shite yesterday. It was a diabolical 45 min from him.

Flash in the pan.

He generally works hard, but when he can't ride the coattails of Nasri/Silva/Yaya, he looks lost. Only in Munich last season has he ever grabbed a game by the balls, and just LOL if he thinks he's holding us to ransom. He had a purple patch of about 7 games where he looked great, but he was piggybacking on the quality of better players. One league goal in the last two seasons isn't good enough either, and once we get Nasri and Yaya back he rightly won't get a look in.

Good honest player who personally I'd like to remain at the club but we can do soooooo much better if we have to replace him.

Bluemoon115 said:
Flash in the pan.

He generally works hard, but when he can't ride the coattails of Nasri/Silva/Yaya, he looks lost. Only in Munich last season has he ever grabbed a game by the balls, and just LOL if he thinks he's holding us to ransom. He had a purple patch of about 7 games where he looked great, but he was piggybacking on the quality of better players. One league goal in the last two seasons isn't good enough either, and once we get Nasri and Yaya back he rightly won't get a look in.
Errrrr how about candlestick park last season, even though we lost (anfield)

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Like i said last week, if what you are saying is true then it sounds to me that Milner has outwitted the Barca boys, which is a bit worrying really

Not really. I'd be more concerned if it was Kun, Silva, Vinny, etc. This is more him playing the club because of the situation we were in last summer with regards homegrown players and our FFP restrictions. The fact that he's gone about it this way doesn't change his limited value to the squad, but it does change the perception of him. A twat and an idiot. He'll be huffing and puffing all the way to a Europa League spot next season.

Yeah, what a fucking idiot, seeing out his contract and setting himself up for a massive pay day.

Lancet Fluke said:
Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Like i said last week, if what you are saying is true then it sounds to me that Milner has outwitted the Barca boys, which is a bit worrying really

Not really. I'd be more concerned if it was Kun, Silva, Vinny, etc. This is more him playing the club because of the situation we were in last summer with regards homegrown players and our FFP restrictions. The fact that he's gone about it this way doesn't change his limited value to the squad, but it does change the perception of him. A twat and an idiot. He'll be huffing and puffing all the way to a Europa League spot next season.

Yeah, what a fucking idiot, seeing out his contract and setting himself up for a massive pay day.

Depends on what's important to you. For me any player who leaves City of their own volition whilst City want to keep them is an idiot. There's no forward steps from our club in the PL, only backwards ones. The pay day is all good and well but it's not like he's going to double his money or anything like that. He'll get a bumper signing on fee but to a guy who's just made 20 million and is being offered another 20 million for his next contract, wanting to take 25 million to make a backwards career move also seems a bit idiotic.

Mister Appointment said:
chris85mcfc said:
Mister Appointment said:

In that case why are you so upset?

Last week you were saying his monetary value to the club was what was pissing you off, now its just because he's being a twat

I can understand the monetary arguement but couldn't give two hoots about the way he acts tbh

I think he's a twat for various reasons. Because of the money we'll lose, because he's going to a rival, because he hasn't shown the club any respect since last summer, because yesterday's performance was like that of a invisible man and even lacked his trademark aggression and willing running. All those things make him a dripping twat with bells on. His career will go backwards like that of most of the players who have left in the last couple of years. It's a reality he's clearly prepared for.

Personally I can take a season without trophies if it means weeding out those who don't have the commitment, the backbone, the ability to be in our squad. Milner currently tops that list.

You just sound like a really bitter bastard who has it in for him. It would have been nice to have got a fee for him but it isn't the end of the world and we only have ourselves to blame for not trying to sell in the summer. He has done a pretty decent job as a squad player and has sat on the bench much of the time without kicking up much of a fuss. Your assessment is way too harsh.

Mister Appointment said:
Lancet Fluke said:
Mister Appointment said:

Depends on what's important to you. For me any player who leaves City of their own volition whilst City want to keep them is an idiot. There's no forward steps from our club in the PL, only backwards ones. The pay day is all good and well but it's not like he's going to double his money or anything like that. He'll get a bumper signing on fee but to a guy who's just made 20 million and is being offered another 20 million for his next contract, wanting to take 25 million to make a backwards career move also seems a bit idiotic.

He will get much more regular football at a club he is happy to go to and he will get a shit load of money into the bargain. You on the one hand give the impression that he has been able to outflank the people running the club but also describe him as an idiot. I'm fascinated that you have such a handle on all the figures of the various contarcts on offer to him. You're a proper know it all. You obviously properly hate the guy.

Dont normally read too much into stuff like this but when Natalie Pike grabbed him for a minute or so after they got off the coach, her last question touched on him staying or not and he looked a bit embarrassed to me, like he'd rather be anywhere than stood answering. In the end he kind of mumbled and fucked off sharpish.
I think he's out of here. Would have liked him to stay but if he goes we move on, get somebody better in and carry on regardless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.