Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

mrtwiceaseason said:
Just stating the obvious city could not have sold milner last season all they could have done is transfer list him .if he didn't fancy the club city did the deal with he just says no thanks,nothing city can do.the contract is 100% for the players not the club !

Players who aren't required and who don't play ball (no pun intended) can always sit, stand or lie on the sidelines, much as Nasty has been doing. It wouldn't do much for a player's international aspirations.

I think he wants out anyway...

He wouldnt renew last summer because he was concerned about game time, we give him more time and he still wont renew..

Silva, Nasri, Hart, Kompany, Kun, Edin have all signed new contracts with no fuss at all..

So why wont Milner sign ?

yayas trusty right foot said:
Silva, Nasri, Hart, Kompany, Kun, Edin have all signed new contracts with no fuss at all..

Because he no longer has the ambition to challenge himself at the highest level. Sad really especially if it's to be believed that he wants to trade in Kun, Silva, Yaya, Sami, Vinny, etc as teammates to go ply his trade alongside Hendo, Leiva, Lallana, Borini, Lambert, etc.

Mister Appointment said:

Because he no longer has the ambition to challenge himself at the highest level. Sad really especially if it's to be believed that he wants to trade in Kun, Silva, Yaya, Sami, Vinny, etc as teammates to go ply his trade alongside Hendo, Leiva, Lallana, Borini, Lambert, etc.

Come off it mate, let's be honest, he knows he's incapable of being on a par of the calibre of player we are moving towards.

More a realist if you ask me.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

Come off it mate, let's be honest, he knows he's incapable of being on a par of the calibre of player we are moving towards.

I don't know how else you'd describe someone who gives up playing as many minutes and as many games as Milner does at a club like City to go somewhere he knows he'll always finish behind us but will play 10 more games a season. Total lack of ambition. There have been plenty of moments in the last 18 months where you've been calling for his inclusion ahead of Nasri's as have tons of people who watch City. He's good enough to play a huge part in our squad even if he doesn't have the technical qualities of other players.

I would love to see Milner sign a new contract. The 180 that would take place on here would make for happy times.

Mister Appointment said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:

I don't know how else you'd describe someone who gives up playing as many minutes and as many games as Milner does at a club like City to go somewhere he knows he'll always finish behind us but will play 10 more games a season. Total lack of ambition. There have been plenty of moments in the last 18 months where you've been calling for his inclusion ahead of Nasri's as have tons of people who watch City. He's good enough to play a huge part in our squad even if he doesn't have the technical qualities of other players.

I think you're being very harsh on him and I imagine it's because you don't want to lose him. He's won everything domestically with us. It's unlikely we will win the champs league in the next 2-3 years which is all he has left at the top. He has all the money he will ever need and has played with some fantastic players as you've pointed out. Now perhaps he knows our transfer plans for the next couple of seasons and thinks, with his age, he's just going to slip further and further down the pecking order. So he'd rather drop a level and be an important first team player. I don't think you can call that lacking ambition. It's him being pragmatic and just wanting to enjoy his football for the few years he has left at the top. Nothing wrong with that and while it's a bit of a sucker punch for us we should wish him well!

I think he wants out anyway...

He wouldnt renew last summer because he was concerned about game time, we give him more time and he still wont renew..

Liverpool tapped him up.

All our players who are No.1 in their respective positions have all recently signed new contacts, but Milner who in my opinion is a useful squad member and nothing more is dragging his feet, if he goes I won't lose any sleep over his departure. The disappointing thing is the way he's gone about running his contract down, claiming it's not about money but he wants more playing time,well he's been given plenty but still no sign of pen to paper if media reports are to be believed, now some will say " he's within his rights, he's seen his contract through and fair play to him", but with City facing FFP scrutiny it would be useful to receive some cash considering how much we would've invested in him during his contract term, none of this is sour grapes cos if he signs, good and if he goes, so be it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.