Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

whp.blue said:
I said in the post match thread at the weekend

His performance against the Gunners was disgraceful and it seemed like he had made up his mind to leave.

No big deal if he goes but we should do it in this window we cannot afford another performance like Sunday.

I don`t understand this.WE should let him go NOW ?? He has a contract until June/July so he doesn`t have to move anywhere for the time being and thats his prerogative,irrespective of what we would do.
By the way,I personally couldn`t give a flying fuck what he does,either way.A good squad player at best,but he can be replaced with an equal or better type of player and not just someone who at times is like a bull in a china shop.Head down,running into a blind corner.
Overall he`s done well for us and well for himself but as a club we need to move on and hopefully find someone else who wants to play for us.

chris85mcfc said:
Can't believe a bang average footballer that just runs around is causing so much up roar on here

Thats not the problem its how he has been two faced... what did he cost 10 million ? (26 mil less 16 mil ireland?) should move him now if possible

r.soleofsalford said:
Mister Appointment said:
Marvin said:
A little harsh. Are you expecting a player not to know or act in his bet interests?

The problem Milner has is that his best position is central midfield but he can't play there for City because we have better players there, so largely he plays out wide......as he does for England. And lets be honest he's a very poor wide man. Poor at our level anyway. People criticise Nava, but the quality of Navas's attacking play is infinitely better.

I'd like Milner to stay because he is a great squad player, but he may conclude that at his age he needs to be playing every week.

I think he'll go, but only if Liverpool are in the Champions League. They probably will be if Sturridge stays fit

I'm not bothered one way or the other what is in the best interests of James Milner. I'm speaking about what is best for Manchester City. I know that for Manchester City losing a player who would normally command an 8 figure transfer fee for free isn't good. I know that for Manchester City losing an English player they actually want to keep isn't good. I know that for Manchester City to have to read articles in the newspaper which imply that the club doesn't treat it's English players with the requisite respect or somehow marginalises them isn't good.

The Jimmy fanboys and girls are welcome to lather up the "he's only looking out for himself what's wrong with that" excuses. I'm still not buying them. With each passing week and with each passing planted media story blaming the club for not respecting Milner I find myself thinking he's an even bigger c**t than I originally thought he was when I first felt he was going to fuck off on a free.

He's disrespecting the club. Those who can't see it are blinded by his public persona.

i`ll go with this

As will I

LoveCity said:
Well played James. Well played. Cast in the role of salt-of-the-earth honest northern bloke, he made City think he'd sign a new deal if they played him more. And play him they have. But then the time comes and he wants more, something City apparently can't succumb to. And now he's set to land a huge signing-on fee somewhere and leave City embarrassed at losing a vital homegrown player who is worth 8 figures under a long-term contract.

Well played James. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya, Bluemoon would already be in meltdown.

The truth hurts. But I think this is fair comment.

as much as I like him, if he has made his mind up to leave, then sell him now, so we can get some money for him,

jollylescott said:
LoveCity said:
Well played James. Well played. Cast in the role of salt-of-the-earth honest northern bloke, he made City think he'd sign a new deal if they played him more. And play him they have. But then the time comes and he wants more, something City apparently can't succumb to. And now he's set to land a huge signing-on fee somewhere and leave City embarrassed at losing a vital homegrown player who is worth 8 figures under a long-term contract.

Well played James. If he was Ivorian and named Yaya, Bluemoon would already be in meltdown.

The truth hurts. But I think this is fair comment.

It is indeed bang on. Missed that earlier, well said LC.

Victoria-bahs said:
chris85mcfc said:
Can't believe a bang average footballer that just runs around is causing so much up roar on here

Thats not the problem its how he has been two faced... what did he cost 10 million ? (26 mil less 16 mil ireland?) should move him now if possible

The deal was worth £26m, but that wasn't what we actually paid for him as Ireland was valued somewhere between £7m and £10m

We don't know he has been two faced as we don't know what contract he has been offered

Like i said, from what a lot of people have said on here he won't be too hard to replace

And City aren't going to run out of money anytime soon according to Damocles, so why the need to fret over the transfer fee we could have got for him?

chris85mcfc said:
Victoria-bahs said:
chris85mcfc said:

The deal was worth £26m, but that wasn't what we actually paid for him as Ireland was valued somewhere between £7m and £10m

We don't know he has been two faced as we don't know what contract he has been offered

Like i said, from what a lot of people have said on here he won't be too hard to replace

And City aren't going to run out of money anytime soon according to Damocles, so why the need to fret over the transfer fee we could have got for him?
Because he owes city aparently..

chris85mcfc said:

Yes, it is only me with such remarkable insight that City, as a company owned by a man who has access to about a trillion pounds of wealth who has shown on numerous occasion that he will invest it in the company as well as being a participant in the world's premier footballing competition, are not going to run out of money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.