Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Damocles said:
chris85mcfc said:
And City aren't going to run out of money anytime soon according to Damocles, so why the need to fret over the transfer fee we could have got for him?

Yes, it is only me with such remarkable insight that City, as a company owned by a man who has access to about a trillion pounds of wealth who has shown on numerous occasion that he will invest it in the company as well as being a participant in the world's premier footballing competition, are not going to run out of money.

So again, why are people getting so upset about the transfer fee we could have got for him?

What are we talking £10m £15m max

chris85mcfc said:
Damocles said:
chris85mcfc said:
And City aren't going to run out of money anytime soon according to Damocles, so why the need to fret over the transfer fee we could have got for him?

Yes, it is only me with such remarkable insight that City, as a company owned by a man who has access to about a trillion pounds of wealth who has shown on numerous occasion that he will invest it in the company as well as being a participant in the world's premier footballing competition, are not going to run out of money.

So again, why are people getting so upset about the transfer fee we could have got for him?

Because in a choice between having £0 and having £15m, people pick the fifteen mil.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you're a moron

Milner should do whatever is best for Milner, just as City will do whatever is best for City. If the two things coincide, then he'll sign a new contract. If not, he'll leave.

Clubs dispense with players when they no longer think they are the right player for the club and nobody accuses the club of being disloyal to the player. Likewise players leave when staying at the club is no longer in their best interests.

That's how it is with every player and I don't see why it should be any different for Milner.

Damocles said:
chris85mcfc said:
Damocles said:

Because in a choice between having £0 and having £15m, people pick the fifteen mil.

Just because you are rich doesn't mean you're a moron

And that just about sums up why we shouldn't begrudge Milner for wanting to leave at the end of his contract

If he wants to leave, he wants to leave

I'd happily walk out my office door now if someone down the road was willing to pay be similar money, as well as giving me a big fat cheque for joining them, would you?

The homegrown stuff will get interesting in the summer so does seems. Losing Lampard and Milner (and Sinclair) leaves us with only Hart, Wright, Clichy and Boyata, but we already have our 17 players that are non-HG. So if we want to make it at least a squad of size 23, we can only add in homegrown players (or under 21-s, of course, who do not count).

I would miss Milner, but wouldn't mind if we will try to make room for one of our youngsters. Lopes, Pozo or maybe even Barker should be in the contest.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Milner should do whatever is best for Milner, just as City will do whatever is best for City. If the two things coincide, then he'll sign a new contract. If not, he'll leave.

Clubs dispense with players when they no longer think they are the right player for the club and nobody accuses the club of being disloyal to the player. Likewise players leave when staying at the club is no longer in their best interests.

That's how it is with every player and I don't see why it should be any different for Milner.
Bingo........

KnaresboroughBlue said:

All good and well. But then Jimmy should've been honest with the club last summer about what he wanted to do rather than speaking in forked tongues about playing time and the rest when the truth was he had already made up his mind to leave.

The rules are the same for everyone yet how many free transfers occur in the premier league each season? 10? 20? Or less? That should give you some insight into how 'regular' what is currently going on with Milner actually is.

This could actually be a blessing in disguise for us, as we will not HAVE to go out and buy some homegrown players

Clearly there aren't many that would get in our side, but fingers crossed we can bring in one or two that have the potential to go onto be City and England greats

chris85mcfc said:
This could actually be a blessing in disguise for us, as we will not HAVE to go out and buy some homegrown players

I'm sure that it won't be a blessing in disguise because I'm sure that come the summer the papers will be filled with stories about how un English City as a club is, how we are in desperate need of HG players otherwise we're going to be in trouble with UEFA, and as a consequence of this negative media attention whichever English players we choose to sign we're going to end up paying through the nose for because we'll be in no position to bargain.

This forum will then erupt in indignation at how we've overpaid and Txiki/Pellegrini don't know what they're doing etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.