Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

M18CTID said:
cibaman said:
I must be missing something because I've read the article twice and cannot find anything that justifies accusations of him being two faced or speaking in forked tongues.

"For Milner, however, the financial package is not going to determine where and when he signs his next deal...

The burning issue, in his eyes, is what happens on the pitch over the next few years. He turned 29 this month and wants to be playing every week...

there is no escaping the fact that he is frustrated with the amount of playing time that he has had under the Chilean and Roberto Mancini before that...

it is hard to see how City can satisfy Milner’s desire to be starting more matches."

This is all stuff that we've known about for some time. The only thing that seems to be new is the claim that he's had offers from abroad. Nowhere in the report is there anything that suggests that Milner has changed his position from what has previously been reported.

Try telling that to the haters mate. They've already hung, drawn, and quartered Milner in classic Bluemoon lynch-mob style and he's not even out the fucking door yet!

I'm curious as to how calling him a **** on this forum for running down his contract constitutes me being a "hater". Firstly, I don't support James Milner, I support MCFC, so if you're going to characterise me it makes more sense to characterise me in relation to my feelings towards the club as a whole rather than one twat running his contract down. Especially as this is a City forum and not a James Milner forum. Secondly, you're right he may not be "out the fucking door yet" but he's making it patently clear that that is exactly where he's heading come the end of the season. And he's also making it patently clear that this is nothing whatsoever to do with money and everything to do with playing more football. Yet he is conveniently taking a path which ensures maximum profit for him, zero return for City, and a path which is RARELY seen in the Premier League because most players no matter how aware they are of the fickle nature of their employers, are also respectful enough to not run their contract down to jump ship to a rival.

And as other have said previously - if this was Toure or one of our foreign players the reaction would be very different. As things stand because of Saint Jimmy's public persona and his all action playing style, the reaction in the main is like your post above. You're entitled to hold that opinion, but i'm entitled to think he's a self interested **** who is disrespecting City.

Dubai Blue said:
James Milner should do what's best for James Milner, and if that involves stringing people along for a bit then so fucking what? I'd expect City to do exactly the same thing if it was in their own best interests. There's no loyalty on either side of the fence in football, and if Milner wanted to get more game time AND run down his contract to get a big signing-on fee then fair play to him, he's achieved it.

The only people to blame here are the ones who didn't get this all wrapped up one way or the other 18+ months ago, but I suspect that's because it wasn't in their best interests to do so back then. They hedged their bets and lost. Tough shit. Let's move on.

Good post. It amazes me that people seem to demand loyalty from players but are happy enough when clubs dump unwanted players whenever they wish.

Mister Appointment said:
M18CTID said:
cibaman said:
I must be missing something because I've read the article twice and cannot find anything that justifies accusations of him being two faced or speaking in forked tongues.

"For Milner, however, the financial package is not going to determine where and when he signs his next deal...

The burning issue, in his eyes, is what happens on the pitch over the next few years. He turned 29 this month and wants to be playing every week...

there is no escaping the fact that he is frustrated with the amount of playing time that he has had under the Chilean and Roberto Mancini before that...

it is hard to see how City can satisfy Milner’s desire to be starting more matches."

This is all stuff that we've known about for some time. The only thing that seems to be new is the claim that he's had offers from abroad. Nowhere in the report is there anything that suggests that Milner has changed his position from what has previously been reported.

Try telling that to the haters mate. They've already hung, drawn, and quartered Milner in classic Bluemoon lynch-mob style and he's not even out the fucking door yet!

I'm curious as to how calling him a c**t on this forum for running down his contract constitutes me being a "hater". Firstly, I don't support James Milner, I support MCFC, so if you're going to characterise me it makes more sense to characterise me in relation to my feelings towards the club as a whole rather than one twat running his contract down. Especially as this is a City forum and not a James Milner forum. Secondly, you're right he may not be "out the fucking door yet" but he's making it patently clear that that is exactly where he's heading come the end of the season. And he's also making it patently clear that this is nothing whatsoever to do with money and everything to do with playing more football. Yet he is conveniently taking a path which ensures maximum profit for him, zero return for City, and a path which is RARELY seen in the Premier League because most players no matter how aware they are of the fickle nature of their employers, are also respectful enough to not run their contract down to jump ship to a rival.

And as other have said previously - if this was Toure or one of our foreign players the reaction would be very different. As things stand because of Saint Jimmy's public persona and his all action playing style, the reaction in the main is like your post above. You're entitled to hold that opinion, but i'm entitled to think he's a self interested c**t who is disrespecting City.

Every single player tries to ensure themselves maximum profit. Surely the same would be said of toure, aguero, silva they wouldn't even be at city if we didn't offer them ridiculous wages. How has he disrespected city in any way, he's seeing out his contract, he's been here for what 4 years ? Rarely ever complained abo anything. Self interested in playing ? Well yea players should be bothered about wanting to play every week.

I doubt he's gonna get more money from another club. Players move and leave clubs, doesn't mean they are disrespecting them. If aguero doesn't sign a new contract and wants to leave does that make him a self interested c**t.

It just common sense, to think Milner is thinking about himself, everyone does when it comes to work you want to get the best deal and want what's best for yourself.

Mister Appointment said:
Yet he is conveniently taking a path which ensures maximum profit for him, zero return for City, and a path which is RARELY seen in the Premier League because most players no matter how aware they are of the fickle nature of their employers, are also respectful enough to not run their contract down to jump ship to a rival.
They don't do any of that through some misguided sense of 'respect', they do it through self-interest; usually because it involves a big bumper pay rise less than halfway through their existing contract. When it becomes more beneficial to them to run down their contracts, that's exactly what they do.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
Dubai Blue said:
James Milner should do what's best for James Milner, and if that involves stringing people along for a bit then so fucking what? I'd expect City to do exactly the same thing if it was in their own best interests. There's no loyalty on either side of the fence in football, and if Milner wanted to get more game time AND run down his contract to get a big signing-on fee then fair play to him, he's achieved it.

The only people to blame here are the ones who didn't get this all wrapped up one way or the other 18+ months ago, but I suspect that's because it wasn't in their best interests to do so back then. They hedged their bets and lost. Tough shit. Let's move on.

Good post. It amazes me that people seem to demand loyalty from players but are happy enough when clubs dump unwanted players whenever they wish.

Exactly. This loyalty shit works both ways.

I can't buy into the "he's just looking out for himself nothing wrong with that" narrative. Sorry lads. I can't see past what's best for City and I can't bring myself to be so cynical as to applaud any player who pulls a fast one on the club to get a pay day somewhere else.

Dubai Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
Yet he is conveniently taking a path which ensures maximum profit for him, zero return for City, and a path which is RARELY seen in the Premier League because most players no matter how aware they are of the fickle nature of their employers, are also respectful enough to not run their contract down to jump ship to a rival.
They don't do any of that through some misguided sense of 'respect', they do it through self-interest; usually because it involves a big bumper pay rise less than halfway through their existing contract. When it becomes more beneficial to them to run down their contracts, that's exactly what they do.

Correct. It happened with Suarez at Liverpool last season, and Bony at Swansea this season. I don't recall any talk of us discussing a new deal with Milner 12-18 months ago which is when we really should've started negotiating.

Mister Appointment said:
I can't buy into the "he's just looking out for himself nothing wrong with that" narrative. Sorry lads. I can't see past what's best for City and I can't bring myself to be so cynical as to applaud any player who pulls a fast one on the club to get a pay day somewhere else.

How in any way is he pulling a fast one ?. He's seeing out his contract which most players never do. If he wants to move he can move. Narrative ? Everyone has to look out for themselves. If your a footballer surely you think about yourself first, playign time, wages. Why wouldn't you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.