Jimmy & Joe To Sign New Contracts

Chippy_boy said:
chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
No it's not, it's a totally rubbish post.

If Milner wants to leave, fucking well man up and say so. It's not like the club have shafted him in any way, and trying to fuck us over is completely and utterly bang out of order. And dragging this on and on and on until he can leave on a free is, make no mistake, fucking us over.

Tough, the club have left themselves in this position. If you're happy for the club to let one of our assets go into the last 12 months of his contract with everything up in the air then that's what you've got, and this is now the fall out.

I've said time and time again, once you leave it open in a players last year then the club lose all bargaining chips.

This 'the club took his word for it' is beyond stupidity. We're talking multi million pound contracts, since when do you just take someones word for it.

I agree the club were stupid mate, but that doesn't justify someone shafting them - I think your logic is flawed there.

It might explain the situation, but it goes nowhere in terms of justifying Milners actions as being "OK". If you go out and leave your house unlocked, burglary is not perfectly acceptable.

I don't get how he has shafted the club tho? I really don't get it.

He has been offered a contract, we are lead to believe that he told them last summer that if he is seen to be playing more football then he will sign.

The only way i can try and highlight the point is, would City allow Silva, Vinny or Sergio to go into the last year of their contract and risk losing them for free, even if they gave their word that they would sign?

No way, and thats purely down to them being a more valuable asset to the squad and in monetary terms to the club. We ran the risk with Milner because we clearly didn't feel like we would be losing much in value to the squad or in monetary terms, and we've been burned. Eeeez football.

Chippy_boy said:
M18CTID said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Good post. It amazes me that people seem to demand loyalty from players but are happy enough when clubs dump unwanted players whenever they wish.

Exactly. This loyalty shit works both ways.

Perhaps you should support Liverpool. They are a very loyal, close knit club, so they lead us to believe every 5 minutes.

Judging by your posts, if anyone should be supporting Liverpool it ought to be you. Thinking players owe you something above and beyond what their contract entails, and adopting a victim mentality to boot. If you need some candles to ease your switch of allegiance, give RAWK a shout. I'm sure they will be able to assist you. Plenty of skriking self-entitled mard arses over there.

crystal_mais said:
Milner can piss off for all I care - he has done the club here -

Don’t see how he has done the club, we have had the best years of his career and he put in many important games. He has never demanded a move or bad mothed us in the press – we’ve had far worse from Yaya. If he wants a big paying deal to take him into his 30’s then I can see why we are weighing up our options just as he is entitled to do the same. I fully belive we can offer him enough to keep him – IF we want to!

Gaudion M said:
crystal_mais said:

Don’t see how he has done the club, we have had the best years of his career and he put in many important games. He has never demanded a move or bad mothed us in the press – we’ve had far worse from Yaya. If he wants a big paying deal to take him into his 30’s then I can see why we are weighing up our options just as he is entitled to do the same. I fully belive we can offer him enough to keep him – IF we want to!

^^THIS^^

Hes also going to complete his full contract. How in any way has he done the club ?

A contract is a two way deal between the player and the club. Both agree it.

Milner's honoured that contract, as have we.

Milner's now in a situation where he's free to choose what he wants to do again, and who he wants to play for, just as City are free to say 'thank you, but we don't need you any more' - as they did with Lescott.

It's grossly incorrect to say Milner's holding us to ransom, or 'shafting' us.

Gaudion M said:
crystal_mais said:

If we want to being the key question?

Every player has a price for the use they bring to the team. Maybe Milner's price is too high.

For me he always has been and always will be a good player to have in the squad and one we can rely on to come in and do a job.

He will never be a truly great player and at 30 next birthday it is possible we have had his best days.

If he goes, then he goes.

I think we have been found out a bit this year playing style wise despite our position in the league and we may need to work on this in the Summer. That may involve a few new players who can implement this.

chris85mcfc said:
Chippy_boy said:
chris85mcfc said:
Tough, the club have left themselves in this position. If you're happy for the club to let one of our assets go into the last 12 months of his contract with everything up in the air then that's what you've got, and this is now the fall out.

I've said time and time again, once you leave it open in a players last year then the club lose all bargaining chips.

This 'the club took his word for it' is beyond stupidity. We're talking multi million pound contracts, since when do you just take someones word for it.

I agree the club were stupid mate, but that doesn't justify someone shafting them - I think your logic is flawed there.

It might explain the situation, but it goes nowhere in terms of justifying Milners actions as being "OK". If you go out and leave your house unlocked, burglary is not perfectly acceptable.

I don't get how he has shafted the club tho? I really don't get it.

He has been offered a contract, we are lead to believe that he told them last summer that if he is seen to be playing more football then he will sign.

The only way i can try and highlight the point is, would City allow Silva, Vinny or Sergio to go into the last year of their contract and risk losing them for free, even if they gave their word that they would sign?

No way, and thats purely down to them being a more valuable asset to the squad and in monetary terms to the club. We ran the risk with Milner because we clearly didn't feel like we would be losing much in value to the squad or in monetary terms, and we've been burned. Eeeez football.

Ditto

The issue for me is his method.

I would have no problem if he just came out and said 'thanks for the offer but I would sooner leave on a free so as I can negotiate the best possible last pay day for myself'

Instead.... we get this bollocks about 'its up to the club' and 'I want guarantees' - fucking nonsense.

He is hugely disrespecting a club that has treated him fantastically.

chris85mcfc said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
Chippy_boy said:
No it's not, it's a totally rubbish post.

If Milner wants to leave, fucking well man up and say so. It's not like the club have shafted him in any way, and trying to fuck us over is completely and utterly bang out of order. And dragging this on and on and on until he can leave on a free is, make no mistake, fucking us over.

Maybe he doesn't want to leave and is still in negotiations.

He hasn't fucked us over in any way. He signed a contract and has honoured it. It's up to the club and the player to reach an agreement. If they can't, he goes and plies his trade elsewhere just like everyone else.

However, if he did want to leave, he would be rather foolish to sign a new contract and then be sold as he would make considerably less out of doing that than he would leaving on a free.

It really is this fucking simple

Isnt it just
Ive never heard as much fuckin shit in my life as ive read on this thread
Milner owes city, he owes us fuck all........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.