JO - Everton on Loan

t j h blue manc said:
alera said:
You said it yourself "tiny squad" until they can replace him, it would be stupid to sell. Lescot can request a transfer till the cows come home, eventually they will have to sell, but they certainly don't need to this transfer window. Unless Moyes already has new players lined up and needs the cash from the sale of Lescot.
Bottom line is, for this window at least, Everton are in the driving seat.

When players want to go - they go. I cant really think of a case where a top decent player has been made to stay after he put in a transfer request. But I am sure someone will come up with an example. Obviously they wont sell until they have a replacement lined up - but this already seems to be the case with Naughton from Shef Utd.

They are in driving seat - in terms of price. If the player really wants to go though its always better to do the deal rather than keep an unhappy unsettled player.

As was proven with RSC. They kept him for another few months but he hardly kicked a ball for them and they got £5 million less than we offered in Janaury !

Personally I think it will happen. I think out of Lescott, Tevez and Eto Lescott is certainly the one thats most likely to come off although I am sure we will end up with Tevez as well.
lescot is coming,thats fact.deal done by thursday.

SAUCE?

Pam said:
nickson71 said:
MCFY said:
Corluka was better than Lescott, we shouldn't have sold him to Spuds.

he handed in a transfer request so he could team up with his best mate Modric, ...Zabba

What a strange reason to request a transfer. Maybe if we get Eto, we can get Henri then because by all accounts, they have become best buds.

well he did say that was one of the reasons ...... a long with the Spurs is wonderful routine

stony said:
alera said:
You said it yourself "tiny squad" until they can replace him, it would be stupid to sell. Lescot can request a transfer till the cows come home, eventually they will have to sell, but they certainly don't need to this transfer window. Unless Moyes already has new players lined up and needs the cash from the sale of Lescot.
Bottom line is, for this window at least, Everton are in the driving seat.

When players want to go - they go. I cant really think of a case where a top decent player has been made to stay after he put in a transfer request. But I am sure someone will come up with an example. Obviously they wont sell until they have a replacement lined up - but this already seems to be the case with Naughton from Shef Utd.

They are in driving seat - in terms of price. If the player really wants to go though its always better to do the deal rather than keep an unhappy unsettled player.

As was proven with RSC. They kept him for another few months but he hardly kicked a ball for them and they got £5 million less than we offered in Janaury !

Personally I think it will happen. I think out of Lescott, Tevez and Eto Lescott is certainly the one thats most likely to come off although I am sure we will end up with Tevez as well.

I believe I used the phrase "this transfer window" and mentioning RSC just proves my point.
We wanted him in January but Blackburn didn't want to sell until the summer.
Guess who won ?

that's true, but the word is that sam was willing to sell IF city paid 20m+.

I'm not certain Lescott is coming, but on balance, I'd have to say a deal is quite likely. 70/30, sommat like that. he's a big target for hughes, so he will pay the dosh, and Everton know this, which is why I think they're holding out. I also think we're trying to keep everything quite amicable. For those reasons, I'm not suprized it's taking time.

Maybe its not done until he is stood there in a city shirt. I just have a feeling if we are confident of taking a player like Tevez from the rags and even in the game for taking the best forward in europe last season from the champion league winner this one must be one of the more likely that is on the table at the moment. The most likely to happen IMO.

alera said:
Maybe its not done until he is stood there in a city shirt. I just have a feeling if we are confident of taking a player like Tevez from the rags and even in the game for taking the best forward in europe last season from the champion league winner this one must be one of the more likely that is on the table at the moment. The most likely to happen IMO.

surely tevez is more likely as he does not have a club, lescott may want to come but we need Everton to accept an offer?

Higher profile player. Also not being attached is not neccessarily a benefit free to shop round and take his time. Also difficult ownership issues. More clubs are likely to be interested in him.

I still think Tevez will definately happen though given all the info comming out.

heatonmoorblue said:
alera said:

surely tevez is more likely as he does not have a club, lescott may want to come but we need Everton to accept an offer?
lescott is on his way,deal done by thursday,partly wy joke went on loan,city will pay 5m now and 5m in january depending on jokes performance,for them.

t j h blue manc said:
heatonmoorblue said:
alera said:

lescott is on his way,deal done by thursday,partly wy joke went on loan,city will pay 5m now and 5m in january depending on jokes performance,for them.

ban. ban ban ban ban ban ban ban ban.

***edit*** oh, right, I get it, we're paying 5+ 5+ jo permanently. still don't believe it, but I thought you were saying 5+ 5+ jo on loan, which was preposterous. ***edit***

The official site confirmed it, then they changed it to Jo trains with Everton for now.

What's going on?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.