JO - Everton on Loan

1qwerty said:
heatonmoorblue said:
1qwerty - somewhere earlier in this thread there is a city fan (didsbury dave i think) that claimed he got information from a david harrison that lescott is more or less on his way here. Any views?

Yes , even if Dave Harrison has said that then its the 2nd time something has happened at Everton and he's not been told by the rest of the club ... He issued a statement that former CEO Kieth Wyness had not resigned from Everton , 8 hours after he;d resigned and even the tea lady knew he'd gone Dave's a nice guy ............ but :)

Fair enough mate, just checking. I expect moyes will do everything he can to keep hold of lescott but things can change. If lescott is not back from his holidays then how can moyes be sure he wants to stay? Will moyes or the board really turn down a legendary 'stratasphoric' city offer?

Gwladiator said:
Prophet of Doom said:
Doesnt matter what Gollum wants.......Lescott has been offered triple his weekly dough and he's gonna demand to go. It will happen later this week.

Some players aren't just all about the money, just ask Kaka and Eto'o.

I'd agree with Kaka

but I don't with Eto'o (but that may change)
The thing with Eto'o is that the British press reported the odd quote out of a long interview that Eto'o agent gave ........ that basically said that Eto'o wanted to stay.

Given the interest to us City fans we took a bit more interest in the interview and what the Agent indicated was that whilst Eto'o would rather stay at Barca he would be interested in a reaching a deal with us if Barca had done the same.

Added to this the whole loyalty payment would mean that Eto'o would rather be sold than demanding a move for 12-15million reasons.

The British press have not been reporting on several more resent spanish articles that actually is indicating that we have a good chance of signing Eto'o.

Hes on a 3 year deal at everton. Reported to be on £30k a week = £4.8 million gross

We are reported to be offering him £90k a week = £14.4 million gross.

Thats just over the 3 years of his everton contract we would almost certain give him a 5 year deal which would make his contract worth closer to £25 million gross overall. Thats 5 times what his current deal at Everton is worth !

Anyone who says they would turn down a pay raise of that magnitude is a fucking liar !

Sure hes going to turn that down plus play in a bigger better ground in front of more fans near to where he lives and have a decent chance of winning something and playing in the champions league.

I have no doubt he will be at city before long.

Whats all this bollocks about Kaka. He doubled his salary and his dad (Agent ) got a £10 million signing on fee.

After saying he loved milan and would never leave for money or anything else. Yes he gets to move to Real as well but money was a huge factor they are paying him as much as we offered !

Anything from £250k - £500k a week over the course of his salary if reports are to be believed vs £140k a week at Milan....

alera said:
Hes on a 3 year deal at everton. Reported to be on £30k a week = £4.8 million gross

We are reported to be offering him £90k a week = £14.4 million gross.

Anyone who says they would turn down a pay raise of that magnitude is a fucking liar !

Sure hes going to turn that down plus play in a bigger better ground in front of more fans near to where he lives and have a decent chance of winning something and playing in the champions league.

I have no doubt he will be at city before long.

It's not Lescots choice FFS. Bacon Face proved that last year. Tranny wanted to go and the rags knew they would have to sell, but they made Real Madrid wait until they were ready.
If he feels like it, or needs to fetch in a suitable replacement first, Moyes will do the same.

Big difference is that Trannie was injured if not he probably would have gone last summer.

Plus Rags vs Everton. One of the biggest clubs in europe vs feeder club. You could threaten to Bench him in world cup year but given their tiny squad and the injuries they already have in that position - cant see that happening.

At the end of the day if they are playing hard ball the player will just put a transfer request in....

Also have gone as far as they can go. Only downhill from here. HArdly a hardship for Tranni to stay there on £100k + a week winning stuff playing in champions league finals.

Completely different situation - plus he still went anyway !

alera said:
Whats all this bollocks about Kaka. He doubled his salary and his dad (Agent ) got a £10 million signing on fee.

After saying he loved milan and would never leave for money or anything else. Yes he gets to move to Real as well but money was a huge factor they are paying him as much as we offered !

Anything from £250k - £500k a week over the course of his salary if reports are to be believed vs £140k a week at Milan....

tis a good post, I must say ;)

and I think stony is missing the point here, it's been reported several times that everton won't let him go unless he requests a transfer (obviously implying they will if he does). regardless, I think Lescott rather wouldnt do that, but I think city and everton are getting very close to agreeing a way through this that works for all parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.