JO - Everton on Loan

stony said:
Gwladiator said:
alera said:
No way Richards will be going to Everton. Less than no chance I would think. He has just signed a 5 year deal and is on £55k a week. No way Everton could afford that even if we let him go and he was willing to take such a huge step down !

You seriously make me laugh. a huge step down? we consistantly finish above City and can offer European football. I fail to see how it would be a huge step down?

To be fair, your recent history means nothing. You have peaked and without serious investment you will never break the top 4 on a sustainable basis.
We on the other hand have serious investment behind us and an infrastructure is being put in place at the club that will see us become serious challengers in the coming years.
Players want to go where the money and success is, and they sense that City is fast becoming the place to be.
So without wanting to be disrespectful, a move to Everton from City at this period in time, would be a step down for any player.

No, at this period in time it would be a step up. Sure city is where the money is but it's been there for 2 years and I am still yet to see City break the top 6. Football is a results business, it's all well and good having all the money in the world but If you don't produce the goods on the pitch it doesn't mean much and City haven't been doing that. Until City break that top 6 and push the top 4 you are going to find it incredibly hard to convince players on already big wages at bigger clubs (e.g. kaka...) that Manchester City is the place to be and these are the players you will need to really challenge at the top. This season I think you lot are going about it the right way, players like Barry, Tevez and RSC are just the kind of players you will need to reach the next level, until then you may aswell forget about these world superstars. So although City have the potential to be challenging at the top, for now at least, a move to Everton certaily wouldn't be a 'huge step down'.

Once again next season everton will finish about city hughes will be sacked before xmas cant see it being a problem to be honest

bubjeeps said:
Once again next season everton will finish about city hughes will be sacked before xmas cant see it being a problem to be honest

I like the way you pretended to be a City fan for your first three posts.

Gwladiator said:
stony said:
Gwladiator said:
alera said:
No way Richards will be going to Everton. Less than no chance I would think. He has just signed a 5 year deal and is on £55k a week. No way Everton could afford that even if we let him go and he was willing to take such a huge step down !

You seriously make me laugh. a huge step down? we consistantly finish above City and can offer European football. I fail to see how it would be a huge step down?

To be fair, your recent history means nothing. You have peaked and without serious investment you will never break the top 4 on a sustainable basis.
We on the other hand have serious investment behind us and an infrastructure is being put in place at the club that will see us become serious challengers in the coming years.
Players want to go where the money and success is, and they sense that City is fast becoming the place to be.
So without wanting to be disrespectful, a move to Everton from City at this period in time, would be a step down for any player.

No, at this period in time it would be a step up. Sure city is where the money is but it's been there for 2 years and I am still yet to see City break the top 6. Football is a results business, it's all well and good having all the money in the world but If you don't produce the goods on the pitch it doesn't mean much and City haven't been doing that. Until City break that top 6 and push the top 4 you are going to find it incredibly hard to convince players on already big wages at bigger clubs (e.g. kaka...) that Manchester City is the place to be and these are the players you will need to really challenge at the top. This season I think you lot are going about it the right way, players like Barry, Tevez and RSC are just the kind of players you will need to reach the next level, until then you may aswell forget about these world superstars. So although City have the potential to be challenging at the top, for now at least, a move to Everton certaily wouldn't be a 'huge step down'.

How can it be a step up ? You're about to lose your best defender to us. Your next best defender will be injured for the first half of the season, and your first choice striker will be someone who can't get on our subs bench.
I'm loving the head in the sand attitude of some fans. We are not just building a decent first team, but a squad in depth. If Everton or Villa get a couple of serious injuries to key players, they will be fucked.
I concede that a move to Everton wouldn't be a huge step down, but it will be a step down nonetheless.

stony said:
How can it be a step up ? You're about to lose your best defender to us. Your next best defender will be injured for the first half of the season, and your first choice striker will be someone who can't get on our subs bench.
I'm loving the head in the sand attitude of some fans. We are not just building a decent first team, but a squad in depth. If Everton or Villa get a couple of serious injuries to key players, they will be fucked.
I concede that a move to Everton wouldn't be a huge step down, but it will be a step down nonetheless.

It's still unsure if Lescott will leave as we don't need to sell him but you should know that Joleon Lescott is not our best defender by any stretch. Any Everton fan will tell you Jagielka is better and in a few years Rodwell will even be better than Joleon. If the rumours of about £15m and Jo for Lescott are true, Then we have a front 2 who will be worth about 30-35 goals a season. The £15m will be spent wisely, I'd say £5m on a centre half as reinforcement, and the remaining £10m on a solid DM so our budget can be spent on a right back/winger. That'll make us stronger. Granted we won't have a team full of over paid 'superstars' like you will but we'll have a good solid team with a good work ethic and team spirit and that's something money can't buy.

Gwladiator said:
stony said:

It's still unsure if Lescott will leave as we don't need to sell him but you should know that Joleon Lescott is not our best defender by any stretch. Any Everton fan will tell you Jagielka is better and in a few years Rodwell will even be better than Joleon. If the rumours of about £15m and Jo for Lescott are true, Then we have a front 2 who will be worth about 30-35 goals a season. The £15m will be spent wisely, I'd say £5m on a centre half as reinforcement, and the remaining £10m on a solid DM so our budget can be spent on a right back/winger. That'll make us stronger. Granted we won't have a team full of over paid 'superstars' like you will but we'll have a good solid team with a good work ethic and team spirit and that's something money can't buy.

Nice try but as far as I'm aware only Everton fans rate Jagielka. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's nowhere near as good as Everton fans think he is. If you're right however, no doubt we'll be back for him in January ;-)
Over paid ? why does that matter ? We can afford to over pay them, it worked for Chelsea so it's hardly something you can criticise us for.
Work ethic ? a genuine lol, Mark Hughes teams work hard, and this year he will have shed all the shirkers and lazy cnuts(you're taking one of them) and you will see a fully committed Mark Hughes team.
I can't fucking wait for the season to start.

stony said:
Nice try but as far as I'm aware only Everton fans rate Jagielka. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's nowhere near as good as Everton fans think he is. If you're right however, no doubt we'll be back for him in January ;-)
Over paid ? why does that matter ? We can afford to over pay them, it worked for Chelsea so it's hardly something you can criticise us for.
Work ethic ? a genuine lol, Mark Hughes teams work hard, and this year he will have shed all the shirkers and lazy cnuts(you're taking one of them) and you will see a fully committed Mark Hughes team.

I (of course) rate Lescott but Jagielka was by far our most consistant player last season and was sorely missed in the FA Cup Final, If Jagielka went there would be thousands of furious Everton fans calling for Bill Kenwrights resignation. If Lescott went we would be sad to see him go but he is by no mean irreplacable and with the money you would be giving us I would trust Moyes to find a capable replacement with probably money to spare. And as far as Chelsea goes, they had just finished 4th before Abramovich took over, it didn't take much for them to develop and they could already attract big names. City in recent years have been somewhat of a mid table team yet your supporters seem to think bringing in a Robinho or 2 will make you into a force.

Gwladiator said:
stony said:

I (of course) rate Lescott but Jagielka was by far our most consistant player last season and was sorely missed in the FA Cup Final, If Jagielka went there would be thousands of furious Everton fans calling for Bill Kenwrights resignation. If Lescott went we would be sad to see him go but he is by no mean irreplacable and with the money you would be giving us I would trust Moyes to find a capable replacement with probably money to spare. And as far as Chelsea goes, they had just finished 4th before Abramovich took over, it didn't take much for them to develop and they could already attract big names. City in recent years have been somewhat of a mid table team yet your supporters seem to think bringing in a Robinho or 2 will make you into a force.

The point I was making about Chelsea was in response to your remark about over paying players, and it's a pertinent one. Regardless of where Chelsea where in the League, the fact that they paid higher wages for their players didn't affect the players performances. Which is what you were originally implying would happen at City.
People always forget the huge investment into Chelsea by way of massive bank loans before the arrival of Abramovich. So it was money that propelled them into a top four team and not sound management.
Your argument just doesn't stand up mate. You can't or won't admit it, but in the next few years ADUG's investment into City, will see us take off in a huge way.
Everyone just sees the same "typical city" though. I'm not even getting annoyed at other fans reactions any more. I know where we are heading and I would put money on us finishing above Everton this coming season.

stony said:
The point I was making about Chelsea was in response to your remark about over paying players, and it's a pertinent one. Regardless of where Chelsea where in the League, the fact that they paid higher wages for their players didn't affect the players performances. Which is what you were originally implying would happen at City.
People always forget the huge investment into Chelsea by way of massive bank loans before the arrival of Abramovich. So it was money that propelled them into a top four team and not sound management.
Your argument just doesn't stand up mate. You can't or won't admit it, but in the next few years ADUG's investment into City, will see us take off in a huge way.
Everyone just sees the same "typical city" though. I'm not even getting annoyed at other fans reactions any more. I know where we are heading and I would put money on us finishing above Everton this coming season.

Chelsea paid high wages to a high quality of player, what is Craig Bellamy earning at the moment?
And I have no doubt City will eventually over take us unless we recieve investment but I don't think that'll happen just yet.
Also, as I said before all these massive egos and wages won't build a good team spirit.

Gwladiator

We've had the money for 2 years????????? It's not even been a year pal. When Sven arrived and he spent 40-50m we had Richard Dunne and and about 8 home grown players as our squad. This is the 1st full window Hughes has had with the money, we'll see next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.