Jo

Cobwebcat said:
GaudinoMotors said:
17 pages and 24 hours of slagging off one of our own players - a player who didn't pick himself, who was not playing in his position, who put a shift in, and who was part of a team that that got what could prove a very important point away to an exceptional Arse performance.

Let in lie FFS!

Fair play normally but Jo is an exception. He's made 19 appeances and scored once. He cleared off to Brazil without permission while at Everton who he said were a better club than City. When a cross comes in Jo actually ducks out of the way. He dives and rolls around to gain an advantage (cheats) and his first touch is awful. When clean through on goal he either dives or falls over.

He isn't an integral part of our team he is a liability and just because he is wearing a City shirt I can't pretend I support what he's doing. Mancini knows best but I think (and hope) that he goes in this transfer window. I'd really like to know what his position is because he isn't like any centre forward I've ever seen.

You say Mancini knows best - so let him decide what to do with him - surely Jo's been slagged off enough now - lets move on

I have always defended Jo to the hilt and I do believe some of the criticsism on here is a tad harsh.

I agree he didn't appear to have the best of games, but remember one thing....
yesterdays game was a complete team performance players were playing as they had been instructed.

In short, If Jo had been sent off and we had played with 10 men (remember Eastlands) I reckon it is a nailed on certainty that we would have been beaten, I could be mistaken but somehow I think not.

Personally I would have liked to have seen Adebayor start but clearly that is not going to happen anytime soon.

I prefer Jo to Santa Cruz any day of the week and tome it looks like unless we are offloading three strikers he's here to stay for this season at least. Lets get behind the lad and support him.

scorer said:
I prefer Jo to Santa Cruz any day of the week

Why on earth do you say that? I honestly can't remember any City striker ever who I would pick Jo ahead of. Not one.

I used to despair at that cretin Vassel, but he was Pele by comparison.

Chippy_boy said:
scorer said:
I prefer Jo to Santa Cruz any day of the week

Why on earth do you say that? I honestly can't remember any City striker ever who I would pick Jo ahead of. Not one.

I used to despair at that cretin Vassel, but he was Pele by comparison.

Lee Bradbury
Gordon Davies
Stuart Lee
Bobby Shinton.

Jo was part of an eleven man team that couldn't be beaten on Weds.

Santa Cruz could be good but he is never ever fit.... If I was asked to pay £18mfor Jo or Santa Cruz it would be Jo for me.

Jo played 29 games 6 goals
Santa Cruz played 24 games 4 goals.

Agree neither record is impressive but otentially, for me, Jo is the better player.

Cobwebcat said:
GaudinoMotors said:
17 pages and 24 hours of slagging off one of our own players - a player who didn't pick himself, who was not playing in his position, who put a shift in, and who was part of a team that that got what could prove a very important point away to an exceptional Arse performance.

Let in lie FFS!

Fair play normally but Jo is an exception. He's made 19 appeances and scored once. He cleared off to Brazil without permission while at Everton who he said were a better club than City. When a cross comes in Jo actually ducks out of the way. He dives and rolls around to gain an advantage (cheats) and his first touch is awful. When clean through on goal he either dives or falls over.

He isn't an integral part of our team he is a liability and just because he is wearing a City shirt I can't pretend I support what he's doing. Mancini knows best but I think (and hope) that he goes in this transfer window. I'd really like to know what his position is because he isn't like any centre forward I've ever seen.

Try again. He's scored 3 in 14 this season (at least half of which have been sub appearances in the dying minutes). He's on exactly the same as Rooney this season, probably having played less minutes.

Like someone else said, i'm really disheartened to read so much shit about one of our own players. Alright he occasionally turns on the shakespeare and rolls about but he is a young player who gives 100% everytime who pulls the blue shirt on.

While Mancini is picking him back him for fucks sake.

I'll say it again-why is he keeping Adebayor and RSC out? that is the question begging to be answered.Ok we know RSC is/was never fit,but what the fuck is the deal with Adebayor?!

scorer said:
shaun said:
I'll say it again-why is he keeping Adebayor and RSC out? that is the question begging to be answered.Ok we know RSC is/was never fit,but what the fuck is the deal with Adebayor?!

Thats easy... Mancini fancies him ahead of them, so far Roberto has done everything spot on so we need to maintain the faith.

Does that mean they want to get rid? Because getting shot of Adebayor could be very problematic,wages,disruptive influence,etc,we won't be sending him to Cardiff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.